Blacksburg at 96 Thursday

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Blacksburg at 96 Thursday

Post by 96fanatic »

greenjewel wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:15 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:24 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:07 pm
In that case maybe 96 can
win a couple of them. :D
96 has 3 wins. Who would you say is the best team they have beaten this year?
i would have to give Mid-Carolina that honor.
How pathetic is that? That is what you call playing from the bottom.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:45 pm
Blacksburg is most def not below pop warner level. They are dealing with a lot of internal things with their coach having to step down due to life threating cancer, and a new coach taking the helms and changing the offense middle of season. They will not give up that's for sure. I look for this game to be close early, but I do believe that 96 gets the win. I agree with Mikey though, they have looked better with the new offense. Good luck to 96 Thursday.
Please read my post again, in no way was i singling out Blacksburg, instead i was making a general comment that the next 4 opponents that 96 faces are very sub par teams, and they are. I don't have anything against Blacksburg.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

greenjewel wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:46 am
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Blacksburg is most def not below pop warner level. They are dealing with a lot of internal things with their coach having to step down due to life threating cancer, and a new coach taking the helms and changing the offense middle of season. They will not give up that's for sure. I look for this game to be close early, but I do believe that 96 gets the win. I agree with Mikey though, they have looked better with the new offense. Good luck to 96 Thursday.
Please read my post again, in no way was i singling out Blacksburg, instead i was making a general comment that the next 4 opponents that 96 faces are very sub par teams, and they are. I don't have anything against Blacksburg.
I understand, I took no offense to your post. I was just clarifying that there are a lot of internal things going on that some my not be aware of. Good luck to Emerald this week.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
why did you call them pop warner in the 1st place.
What is your point.you have said
many times 96 is sub par so the next
4 games should be good close games
96 could lose all 4.who knows.i have not
seen any of the teams play.I do know that 96 will
give 100%. and so will the other teams.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:33 pm
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
I understand, I took no offense to your post. I was just clarifying that there are a lot of internal things going on that some my not be aware of. Good luck to Emerald this week.
Thank you, I am glad that you were not offended and i hope your coach gets his health back and your team gets back to where they were.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

96fanatic wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
First of all my post was to wildcat 22, but, i will gladly answer your questions. Please don't say 96 is giving 100%, they are not. Neither is Emerald. That starts with the hiring of the coach. Do you even realize that 96 will probably end up with a 7-3 record and not beat a single decent team? That does not JUST HAPPEN, that happens when a coach can't compete on a respectable level so he stacks his schedule with cupcakes to make it look good for him, and he does that at the expense of his players. Do you understand that by playing nothing but cup cakes the coach is telling his players they are also cup cakes unable to compete on a respectable level? I would much rather get beat by a good team than to beat a cup cake. Why didn't 96 schedule BL, Newberry, Woodruff or even RSM like they have always done in the past instead of Pelion, Mid Carolina and Ware Shoals? The coach knew he wasn't playing anybody in region play so why not schedule good teams in the non-region like Abbeville does? Take some pride in your program and your ability to coach instead of loading up with weak teams to cover your inability to coach at a winning level? To you its all about your entertainment. you don't care as long as you have a game to go to. To me its much different, it's about the kids getting every nickle of benefit from the money taxpayers provide for them. 96 can be what it was before, a real contender but the kids will have to be put first before that happens. Same thing with Emerald, why in the hell didn't Emerald go after the black coach at 96? He would be a perfect fit here. Its all about the politics and the very few who speak out against them, and i am one who does.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

greenjewel wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:50 pm
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
First of all my post was to wildcat 22, but, i will gladly answer your questions. Please don't say 96 is giving 100%, they are not. Neither is Emerald. That starts with the hiring of the coach. Do you even realize that 96 will probably end up with a 7-3 record and not beat a single decent team? That does not JUST HAPPEN, that happens when a coach can't compete on a respectable level so he stacks his schedule with cupcakes to make it look good for him, and he does that at the expense of his players. Do you understand that by playing nothing but cup cakes the coach is telling his players they are also cup cakes unable to compete on a respectable level? I would much rather get beat by a good team than to beat a cup cake. Why didn't 96 schedule BL, Newberry, Woodruff or even RSM like they have always done in the past instead of Pelion, Mid Carolina and Ware Shoals? The coach knew he wasn't playing anybody in region play so why not schedule good teams in the non-region like Abbeville does? Take some pride in your program and your ability to coach instead of loading up with weak teams to cover your inability to coach at a winning level? To you its all about your entertainment. you don't care as long as you have a game to go to. To me its much different, it's about the kids getting every nickle of benefit from the money taxpayers provide for them. 96 can be what it was before, a real contender but the kids will have to be put first before that happens. Same thing with Emerald, why in the hell didn't Emerald go after the black coach at 96? He would be a perfect fit here. Its all about the politics and the very few who speak out against them, and i am one who does.
coach Woolcox went back to Eastside as head coach
after 2 years at 96.he is 14-20 for the last 4 years
Emerald plays them this week.
B&L,Newberry and Woodruff ain't exactly world beaters
now days.why don't you get a petition up and get the
parents of 96 and Emerald to sign up and demand that
they hire a coach that you promise will have them state champs
in 2a and 3a.tell those kids that practice and lift weights almost
year round they ain't giving 100% and you know kids that will.
Last edited by 96fanatic on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

96fanatic wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:16 pm
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:

coach Woolcox went back to Eastside as head coach
after 2 years at 96.he is 14-20 for the last 4 years
Emerald plays them this week.
B&L,Newberry and Woodruff ain't exactly world beaters
now days.why don't you get a petition up and get the
parents of 96 and Emerald to sign up and demand that
they hire a coach that you promise will have them state champs
in 2a and 3a.tell those kids that practice and lift weights almost
year round they ain't giving 100% and you know kids that will.
Not everybody can be a successful head coach and 96 and Emerald seem to both have great assistant coaches as head coaches.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
It is very evident you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.96 has played basically the same teams for the last 30 years.go look at the history.they do have a few teams that are different sprinkled in but not many.so tell us when they were playing all these non region tough teams.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:54 pm
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
It is very evident you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.96 has played basically the same teams for the last 30 years.go look at the history.they do have a few teams that are different sprinkled in but not many.so tell us when they were playing all these non region tough teams.
I sent your post to my buddy from work, i'll post his response when i get it. He is a life long 96 fan.