River Bluff 5-1 vs White Knoll 6-0

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
The1WhoKnows
No Team Affiliation

River Bluff 5-1 vs White Knoll 6-0

Post by The1WhoKnows »

Let me hear your thoughts. I'll take River Bluff by 7 points on the road.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: River Bluff 5-1 vs White Knoll 6-0

Post by DFOLDMAN »

The1WhoKnows wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:35 am
Can't wait for region to start. Silver Foxes have a week off to rest and get healthy. 12 straight region titles... it's ours. ha.

Not sure about this one. Probably be a close game. Likely the home team might have an edge.

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

River Bluff AT Dorman 302.10 Loss
River Bluff AT Lugoff-Elgin 242.50 Win
River Bluff AT Stratford 277.70 Win
River Bluff VS Irmo 280.3 Win
River Bluff AT South Aiken 252.80 Win
River Bluff VS Lower Richland 247.70 Win
Average Doodles score for teams they beat: 255.18
River Bluff Doodles: 288.7

White Knoll VS Orangeburg-Wilkinson 218.30 Win
White Knoll VS Spring Valley 271.90 Win
White Knoll VS Colleton County 218.10 Win
White Knoll AT Westwood 243.80 Win
White Knoll AT South Aiken 252.80 Win
White Knoll VS Lancaster 251.20 Win
Average Doodles score for teams they beat: 242.68
Doodles: 298.3

Looking at strength of schedule, you'd have to say River Bluff has played the tougher schedule.
Looking at Doodles, 289 -vs- 298 in favor of White Knoll.
In my poll, I have it 636.43 … #11 … RIVER BLUFF and 594.43 … 15 … WHITE KNOLL

So it looks like this could be a close one on all indications.

What's the old sayin' in a close one go with the home team?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

NAmAN
North Augusta Yellow Jackets

Post by NAmAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:31 am
The1WhoKnows wrote:
Can't wait for region to start. Silver Foxes have a week off to rest and get healthy. 12 straight region titles... it's ours. ha.

Not sure about this one. Probably be a close game. Likely the home team might have an edge.

Fear The Fox...
May be wrong but I don't think Dutch Fork has won 12 straight region titles. I remember North Augusta winning in 2013 but may be wrong. We beat DF last game of the season that year and that game was for region. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

NAmAN wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:01 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
The1WhoKnows wrote:

Fear The Fox...
May be wrong but I don't think Dutch Fork has won 12 straight region titles. I remember North Augusta winning in 2013 but may be wrong. We beat DF last game of the season that year and that game was for region. Correct me if I'm wrong.
NA won that game, however we both had the same region record so they were Co-Champions. DF has won or shared the title for 12 years straight. Good to play NA again, although it was a little one-sided this time.

Fear The Fox...

NAmAN

Post by NAmAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:58 pm
NAmAN wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
The1WhoKnows wrote:

Fear The Fox...
NA won that game, however we both had the same region record so they were Co-Champions. DF has won or shared the title for 12 years straight. Good to play NA again, although it was a little one-sided this time.

Fear The Fox...
You're correct about region records. They tied for first and the region record was the same but NA beat Dutch Fork. Therefore the region championship went to NA. NA also beat Sumter and Dutch Fork beat Sumter for the state championship in 2013. It was good to play Dutch Fork again but we don't have the horses to stay with you guys. Hope our new coach can turn things around but it may take a couple of years. When Pippin came here his first three years weren't great but he got the program going again. We're in the same boat as Greenwood. Give the coaches a little time.

NAmAN

Post by NAmAN »

NAmAN wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:00 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:58 pm
NAmAN wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
The1WhoKnows wrote:

Fear The Fox...

Fear The Fox...
You're correct about region records. They tied for first and the region record was the same but NA beat Dutch Fork. Therefore the region championship went to NA. NA also beat Sumter and Dutch Fork beat Sumter for the state championship in 2013. It was good to play Dutch Fork again but we don't have the horses to stay with you guys. Hope our new coach can turn things around but it may take a couple of years. When Pippin came here his first three years weren't great but he got the program going again. We're in the same boat as Greenwood. Give the coaches a little time.
DFoldman, you're right. I forgot we lost to Lexington that year. So the championship was shared 3 ways. I just hope we get back to that level again where we can compete with anyone. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I’ll take White Knoll by a touchdown. I think it will come down to the wire.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

bbrown1240 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:12 pm
I’ll take White Knoll by a touchdown. I think it will come down to the wire.
26-14 RB

Silver Foxes host White Knoll next week...region campaign begins...
DF should be healthier and hungry.

Fear The Fox...