Region 6 AAAA

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Region 6 AAAA

Post by bringthewood »

So what is the secret sauce? Some very interesting games scores/results going down.

Is this the AAAA deciding region this year?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Region 6 AAAA

Post by SF Band dad »

We got a scare thrown into us tonight. It was not a pretty game, windy, a bit cold, and occasionally a misting rain. Both teams turned the ball over several times, I lost count.

Both defenses won the first quarter, no scoring. SF found their footing in the 2nd quarter and scored twice in the 2nd, twice in the 3rd. 1 missed PAT, 1 blocked PAT. SF 26 H-ville 0 at the end of the third quarter.

H-ville finished a drive with a TD on the first play of the 4th quarter and then scored on their next two possessions to pull within 5. (26-21)
SF finally finished a drive in the 4th Qtr, (33-21).
H-ville receiver gets behind the SF DBs for the 2nd long TD pass of the quarter. (33-28)
H-ville defense holds, SF punts.
H-ville drives down the field with less than 2 minutes left, gets across mid-field but the SF defense made the stops and H-ville turns it over on downs with about 30 seconds on the clock. SF takes a knee.

Hartsville is loaded with talent and well coached. We were lucky to come out of Kellytown with the W.

SF 0 13 13 7 -- 33
Hv 0 0 0 28 -- 28

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

The favored Florence schools still won this week. It will get real interesting if someone can knock one of those two off. #2 for Hartsville is probably the best back I’ve seen this season. Myrtle Beach has a sophomore receiver I can becoming a huge recruit.

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

SF Band dad wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:26 am
We got a scare thrown into us tonight. It was not a pretty game, windy, a bit cold, and occasionally a misting rain. Both teams turned the ball over several times, I lost count.

Both defenses won the first quarter, no scoring. SF found their footing in the 2nd quarter and scored twice in the 2nd, twice in the 3rd. 1 missed PAT, 1 blocked PAT. SF 26 H-ville 0 at the end of the third quarter.

H-ville finished a drive with a TD on the first play of the 4th quarter and then scored on their next two possessions to pull within 5. (26-21)
SF finally finished a drive in the 4th Qtr, (33-21).
H-ville receiver gets behind the SF DBs for the 2nd long TD pass of the quarter. (33-28)
H-ville defense holds, SF punts.
H-ville drives down the field with less than 2 minutes left, gets across mid-field but the SF defense made the stops and H-ville turns it over on downs with about 30 seconds on the clock. SF takes a knee.

Hartsville is loaded with talent and well coached. We were lucky to come out of Kellytown with the W.

SF 0 13 13 7 -- 33
Hv 0 0 0 28 -- 28
I know nothing about Hartsville, besides that they are Hartsville. Other than the near obscene 4th quarter rally this seems about right, at least final score does.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

So, does the "region stew" get thicker? How will Hartsville take the early blow? South Flo going to cruise? Is West Flo for real/and why? Where does the big dog MB fall into the equation?

This the most interesting region in the Low State by far.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

AngryMax wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:02 am
I know nothing about Hartsville, besides that they are Hartsville. Other than the near obscene 4th quarter rally this seems about right, at least final score does.
:lol: :lol:

I love the phrasing there. Obscene rally. Nice.

Dorman did about the same thing at state in 2000 against Lexington. Zero points through nearly 3 quarters with the score 24-0 and then 31 unanswered points for the win.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

While I do not actually believe that Myrtle Beach will win this Region, I do believe that they will have a huge say in who does. I picked South Florence to win the Championship before the season started. I am going to stand firm on that one. Last week was the game that they could have lost after the huge win over South Pointe. Wilson may also have a say in this. Other than North Myrtle Beach, any of these teams is capable of winning games every week. This will be a slugfest to watch. Hope that injuries don't become the deciding factor.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!