South Pointe offense

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

South Pointe offense

Post by Maniac »

What is going on there? They have played 2 good defenses in a row. I get that, but these are quite historic results for that program. At the start of the season I thought they had the best receiving corp in the state. Anybody know?

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: South Pointe offense

Post by Wildstallion2 »

We are starting to see why Head Coach Bobby Collins was a bad hire, yes we have had several key Offensive players out with injuries but times like these is when you see what kind of a Coach you have, now with all the penalties we keep getting, Some Parents want to be your best friend when they should give you Discipline and structure, same goes with Coaching. South Pointe won’t even make the playoffs this year. It started with Gaffney game, we lost one of our starting wide receiver to injury, then the starting Quarterback, this sit the offense up to be a run heavy offense, just what Collins wanted, then the starting Running-back was injured. The problem with Coach Collins is he is a run Offensive Coach and when his starting running back is hurt it shuts his whole offense down, South Pointe would need a Big Big Running-Back for Coach Collins to be successful with his run heavy offense. https://youtube.com/shorts/fDLgq7rMOV0?feature=share

Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

Sims being hurt does seem to be a big catalyst for South Pointe struggling. South Pointe may have to be road warriors if they do make the playoffs. Collins seemed to be making some good calls to start the season, but it does seem some parents are in his ear now from what I saw at South Florence.

Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

I may be wrong about the above statement, so take that with a grain of salt. Even the great Bobby Carroll and Strait Herron made some bonehead calls regarding South Pointe. I thought even Holloman had them going the wrong direction until they pulled out a good run last year. Maybe this is just who they are this year, but a clashing of head coaching philosophy vs proper in game adjustments seems to amplify the problems.

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Look at his record at Marlboro County. The man has shown he knows how to lose with superior talent.

Also one thing that Bobby Carroll and Strait Herron did that Holloman didn’t do as well(but better than Collins) is manage his staff. Holloman was still young coach and that comes with time. Collins just isn’t doing it and has no excuses for that. Been doing it too long to not know how to manage his staff.

Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

Good coaches always sell their souls and give up their own tendencies and philosophies to do what it takes to win ball games. The best ones even do wholesale changes when necessary. Phil Strickland, Dave Gutshall, and Doc Davis comes to mind. Collins seems stubborn to a fault. Much more like a Jim Ringer rather than a Moose Wallace. Maybe he will finally get to where he wants the team to go. Maybe even pull through and get it together in the manner he is directing the team to go this season. There is an incredible amount of talent and great conditioned players right now. This is a colossal letdown and as mentioned before on the bad side of South Pointe history already in his young tenure.