Extra football in Gaffney

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

Extra football in Gaffney

Post by mikey »

20-20.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Extra football in Gaffney

Post by mikey »

Final Gaffney 26-20..great game..

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Super congrats to the Indians! Best game I’ve seen in years! It was a shame either team had to lose.

Looks like Gaffney is back in form.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:02 am
Super congrats to the Indians! Best game I’ve seen in years! It was a shame either team had to lose.

So what happened at Mauldin tonight
13-12
Really?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:09 am
DeCav wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:02 am

So what happened at Mauldin tonight
13-12
Really?
😂🤣

See 95? What did I say? I really should go ahead and buy a fake crystal ball and make some money with these predictions!

I told 95 on the way back from the Gaffney/Spartanburg game, “Well I guess I’m going to have to get on the board and defend my Cavs. SOMEONE’s going to bring up the Mauldin score, I guarantee it.”

What happened tonight? I have no idea. You should probably ask someone who went to that game.

I suppose I could answer that question one of six ways.

1) Dorman coaches got caught looking ahead to Byrnes.

2) Mauldin was our trap game this year and the players didn’t take them seriously.

3) Dorman rested some starters and gave the backups some snaps because this game doesn’t mean anything, it being a non-region game.

4) Dorman played a vanilla game so that Byrnes wouldn’t have much to go on as far as game film. <——-thats my guess. We did the same thing against JL Mann several years ago when we changed up our playbook the week before the Byrnes game and barely got out of that Mann game with the win at the expense of not showing our hand.

5) Dorman isn’t a good team and just got exposed.

I think i like #4. That makes the most sense to me. But I could also say that what happened tonight was…

6) Our brand new coaching staff just went 7-0 their first year after replacing a hall of fame coach who had his first losing season in nearly 3 decades and showed that we know how to come from behind and win and be a second half team, far exceeding my low expectations of just hoping for a winning record this year.

Take your pick Dubby. I hope I helped you figure this mystery out.

I just stated in this thread that the Spartanburg/Gaffney game was the best game I’ve seen in years and you asked me what happened 45 mins away in Mauldin?

I can’t be in two places at once.

Really? 😎
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Never said anything about being in two places but I figured you probably would have some people at the game that would give you the info on what happened.

Hence me asking what happened?
I know you have to be asking that yourself.
Heard Mauldin was up 12-0 and Dorman scored 13 in the second but how does that happen?
Mauldin has played horrible especially lately.

Maybe #2 is the real reason
Guessing that’s why you weren’t at the game .
You probably thought it would be an easy win as well.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:17 am
Never said anything about being in two places but I figured you probably would have some people at the game that would give you the info on what happened.

Hence me asking what happened?
I know you have to be asking that yourself.

SpartanburgViking95 will testify that I was already scripting my first reply on the way back to Westgate. Again, I told him in the car on the way back that someone was gonna bring up the Dorman score on the board tonight.

Heard Mauldin was up 12-0 and Dorman scored 13 in the second but how does that happen?

Mauldin has played horrible especially lately.

Maybe #2 is the real reason

Guessing that’s why you weren’t at the game .

You probably thought it would be an easy win as well.
I thought we would win but no, I didn't assume it would be easy. If I thought it would be easy I wouldn't have bothered to keep up with the score on my phone and hence I wouldn't have known Dorman lost much less why. Seems I was correct on both counts AND I got to see a classic game between two legendary rivals that went to O.T.

As Mikey said, free football! The only way that Mauldin game was going to be memorable is if we lost and it'd only be memorable to Mauldin. The last time Maudlin had Dorman against the wall might have been in 2009 when Dorman went on to win the state championship which won't happen this year which is fine.

I can bump the thread from the beginning of the season when I stated that all I wanted for Christmas was a winning season and not to slide even further backward from last year. If you want to read it, that is. You seem to be a fan of my posts so who knows? You might like it.

You might wanna ask yourself if it's wise to hijack Mikey's thread. Just sayin'.

Last edited by DeCav on Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Let's get this back on track.

Congratulations to the Gaffney fans. I know G-Town is happy tonight.

Passed a Gaffney fan on the way out who was hollering about what an instant classic that was. Had a Trojan, Cavalier, and Viking at the game cheering for the Vikes but do you know who was sitting in his recliner watching the game on TV?

SPARTY!

OH Mr. Golden Buses...you are not the Sparty I knew! Not posting on the board and not even bothering to go to the games.

Lamentations to the Viking fans on the board. They played excellent tonight! Great coaching, great clock management.

I honestly feel real bad for the Vikes. I know this one smarts!

#20 for the Vikes did not dress out tonight. The rumor is he might have gotten himself in trouble and been suspended for a game. He's the real deal and will probably get an earful Monday unless it was something beyond his control. Again, I don't know why he didn't play but I really believe he'd have been the difference tonight.

I'll try and write a summary of the game tomorrow but probably won't. :D

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

Mikey,
I told you that you were sand bagging when you said Spartanburg was the real deal. Shall I dig that post back up?
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

[/quote]

You might wanna ask yourself if it's wise to hijack Mikey's thread. Just sayin'.

[/quote]

Nah..it’s cool..hell I didn’t see no Dorman post this morning and I wondered what happen too. :lol: