Westside (5-2) vs Greenwood (3-4) at J.W. Babb Stadium

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Westside (5-2) vs Greenwood (3-4) at J.W. Babb Stadium

Post by northside knight »

Congrats Westside. Y'all have some good football players. Hopefully gwood will bounce back. Still a long way to go.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

Congrats to the rams. Injuries just keep piling up for Greenwood. Definitely not the reason we lost. Couldn't stop the run in the 2nd half.

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:47 pm
RamFan wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:21 am
Have not seen Greenwood but they always have Westside’s number.

Naturally hoping Rams can pull it off , they came out very flat in second half against Greenville and it cost them

Gonna have to play 4 full quarters
Congrats Westside. We couldn't stop #25. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks. Good game.

Really thought your DB’s did a great job against our passing game, we never really threw ball deep at all

Hope kid that got hurt is ok, someone told me they thought he had a stinger and were being cautious, could not see much from our side.

25 seemed to be on a mission last night and when he was running that well we pretty much just stuck to ground game Thought your QB ran that system very good, extremely quick

Good luck with rest of season.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Congrats on the win Westside. You have a great team. DBs for Greenwood played better this game. I will stick to my opinion that more balance is needed offensively to compete with these better teams. Not one pass completion. Over throwing receivers that are completely open. 2 that would've very likely been touchdowns. I pray that the injury was not as serious as it looks. Despite wanting to win it is still a game and I hate to see anyone get injured like that.

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

eagle93 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:07 am
Congrats on the win Westside. You have a great team. DBs for Greenwood played better this game. I will stick to my opinion that more balance is needed offensively to compete with these better teams. Not one pass completion. Over throwing receivers that are completely open. 2 that would've very likely been touchdowns. I pray that the injury was not as serious as it looks. Despite wanting to win it is still a game and I hate to see anyone get injured like that.
I was told young man was fine, never knew who it was .but still puts a lump in your throat to see that

I agree with GWD passing attack, QB is VERY quick. Has strong arm but it appears he just “slings it and hopes they catch it”. Kind of what I see anytime teams run that type of offense. Passing game is probably not worked on as much and the timing is just off a little bit.

Still GWD is fine, like WHS lot of young talent playing on varsity level

Your coaches did a great job of planning for our passing game and made us run the ball and the Rams were able to do that well.

By first time I have been back since y’all added turf and jumbotron. LOOKS GREAT.