Westside (5-2) vs Greenwood (3-4) at J.W. Babb Stadium

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Westside (5-2) vs Greenwood (3-4) at J.W. Babb Stadium

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Westside is (1-1) and Greenwood is 2-0 in region play. Who will win this matchup Friday night?
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

RamFan
Westside Rams

Re: Westside (5-2) vs Greenwood (3-4) at J.W. Babb Stadium

Post by RamFan »

Have not seen Greenwood but they always have Westside’s number.

Naturally hoping Rams can pull it off , they came out very flat in second half against Greenville and it cost them

Gonna have to play 4 full quarters

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Same old keys to victory.
if Greenwood can control the
clock and keep the Ram offense
on the bench they can win.
if they can't it may be a rough
night. GO GET'EM EAGLES!

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

The key will be if the Greenwood defense can get pressure and stop the pass. Greenwood has not played well against teams with a prolific passing game. Also if the Westside defense can stop the run. I hope Greenwood throws enough to at least keep the Westside defense honest. Lots of concern in the game.

ManigoEra
Greenwood Eagles

Post by ManigoEra »

I've held my judgment for the first part of the season due to Greenwoods many injuries and starters being out for various reasons. No excuses but it is what it is.

With that being said, the defense has to get a consistent pass rush for the entire game and the DBS have to be coached up on how to play zone the correct way if that's the route they choose. Can't continuously give up the big play like we've done in the non-region games and the easley game. The Westside QB, RB, and Wrs are all excellent football players. Will be a difficult task for sure.

Offensively they just need to continue to play Greenwood football. Take care of the ball and we'll have a chance. Whenever there's a chance to hit a big pass play we need to hit it. Hopefully Greenwood comes to play.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

I just hope that gwood fixed the issues with the pass defense. easley receivers were wiiiiiiiiide open in the 4th quarter. I mean wide open. If we do that against WS we're going to get drilled. Very concerning.... but you know...... We have some good kids and good football players and coaches. We need to show it tonight. Win or lose Greenwood is "my team and my town". Gooooo Eagles!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I think 98% of the game comes down to Greenwood's ability to stop the pass. If Westside cannot pass efficiently, then Greenwood wins.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

We had a few good battles with Westside back when i played in 06. They beat us in the regular season and we come back and beat them in the upper state finals and went on to win a state title. Other than those few years Westside was a 3 or 4 win team. Since they hired Scott Early they've really improved. They are light years better than those teams back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I think we've only beat them once since they hired Early. If they can stop the run it will be a long night for Greenwood unfortunately. Gotta control the ball and keep up with the score to win this one.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

31-21 Westside wins

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

RamFan wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:21 am
Have not seen Greenwood but they always have Westside’s number.

Naturally hoping Rams can pull it off , they came out very flat in second half against Greenville and it cost them

Gonna have to play 4 full quarters
Congrats Westside. We couldn't stop #25. Good luck the rest of the season.