Dorman vs Gaffney

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Dorman#1
Dorman Cavaliers

Dorman vs Gaffney

Post by Dorman#1 »

Now I’ve only seen one Dorman game and that was last week against Byrnes… but I gotta say if Gaffney is as good as people are saying then we’re in a lot of trouble, because by the second half Byrnes completely had us figured out. We are a run heavy team with a QB that doesn’t have ANY confidence in his arm and it shows completely! I don’t know man this may be a long one for the Cavs, either way you look at it the best we can finish is 10-0 while the worst we can finish is 8-2. Still I have faith in the Cavs to bring back a hard fought W.

At worst

Gaffney 28
Dorman 21

At Best

Dorman 31
Gaffney 17

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: Dorman vs Gaffney

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Well if Gaffney can just use the Mauldin game plan and tweak it a bit they may have a chance.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:24 pm
Well if Gaffney can just use the Mauldin game plan and tweak it a bit they may have a chance.

I think Mauldin showed everyone the recipe. Byrnes threw two interceptions deep in their own zone and Dorman punched them in for 14. You take one or both of those away and Byrnes probably wins the game by a score or two. Byrnes has a QB issue and has all year, showed up the worst in the biggest game.

Gaffney 30
Dorman 21

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I just don’t see how the Dorman offense can withstand the blitzing Gaffney brought in the Spartanburg game.

We’ll need the best ground game we’ve brought all year. The Gaffney secondary will be licking its chops for wayward passes and a chance at interceptions.

I felt like the Cavs got up early on Byrnes and played most of the second half not to lose. Dorman will have to play all 4 quarters like it’s do or die tomorrow if they want to win. I don’t see Gaffney handing us anything.

I’ve said it before, this is not the same Gaffney team I saw against South Pointe. The switch has flipped in my opinion. A win by Curtis tomorrow night should silence any doubters about our new hire at the helm.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Dorman#1 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:42 pm
Now I’ve only seen one Dorman game and that was last week against Byrnes… but I gotta say if Gaffney is as good as people are saying then we’re in a lot of trouble, because by the second half Byrnes completely had us figured out. We are a run heavy team with a QB that doesn’t have ANY confidence in his arm and it shows completely! I don’t know man this may be a long one for the Cavs, either way you look at it the best we can finish is 10-0 while the worst we can finish is 8-2. Still I have faith in the Cavs to bring back a hard fought W.

At worst

Gaffney 28
Dorman 21

At Best

Dorman 31
Gaffney 17
I think the biggest question posed from your post is why did it take Byrnes a half to figure Dorman out? Dorman is what Dorman is this year. It is hardly a mystery. As far as the matchup with Gaffney? I don't have a clue. Probably depends on which Gaffney team shows up. If they are playing their best, Dorman is probably in trouble. But if they play like they have a couple Friday nights this year, Dorman has a chance.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Cover Three wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:21 am
Dorman#1 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:42 pm

At worst

Gaffney 28
Dorman 21

At Best

Dorman 31
Gaffney 17
I think the biggest question posed from your post is why did it take Byrnes a half to figure Dorman out? Dorman is what Dorman is this year. It is hardly a mystery. As far as the matchup with Gaffney? I don't have a clue. Probably depends on which Gaffney team shows up. If they are playing their best, Dorman is probably in trouble. But if they play like they have a couple Friday nights this year, Dorman has a chance.
I don’t think it took Byrnes a half. If Dorman didn’t start two drives inside Byrnes 20 yard line in the first half because of turnovers, they probably only have 7 at the half or less. Dorman really only had two good drives all night. One in the first half and one that they kick the game winner on. They moved the ball yes, but Byrnes inability to do anything on offense was the difference. I would give Dorman’s defense more credit for that, but Byrnes has been below average on offense the last five games.

Victory6
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Victory6 »

Dorman played without their star player in the Mauldin game. Don't know if Gaffney had any players out against Boiling Springs but they certainly struggled against them. I give the edge to Dorman in this one.
"Spartan High"

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Gaffney spots14 and it depends on how the young kids react for Gaffney..The tribe gets up or hangs close..gets confidence..advantage Gaffney being at home with the crowd..Gaffney plays relatively penalty free could be a long night for Dorman,but I got my doubt on that since it’s gonna get chippy..and we don’t always react well to chippy.. :roll: Gaffney’s kicker is inconsistent and one of our Littlejohns is banged up..so ther’s that..

Regardless..come bout 3 o’clock..You’ll start to feel it around town in Gaffney and it’ll build to a crescendo at kick off..The Rez will be rockin tonight so be there early..ain’t the old place,but ain’t many better for atmosphere..Y’all be safe and stay off 85 if u got any sense..

Gaffney 26
Dorman 24

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Gaffney spots14 and it depends on how the young kids react for Gaffney..The tribe gets up or hangs close..gets confidence..advantage Gaffney being at home with the crowd..Gaffney plays relatively penalty free could be a long night for Dorman,but I got my doubt on that since it’s gonna get chippy..and we don’t always react well to chippy.. :roll: Gaffney’s kicker is inconsistent and one of our Littlejohns is banged up..so ther’s that..

Regardless..come bout 3 o’clock..You’ll start to feel it around town in Gaffney and it’ll build to a crescendo at kick off..The Rez will be rockin tonight so be there early..ain’t the old place,but ain’t many better for atmosphere..Y’all be safe and stay off 85 if u got any sense..

Gaffney 26
Dorman 24
Imagine that, Gaffney playing "penalty free" at home... I figure there will be a comment or two on that statement alone!

When Gaffney commits a penalty at the Reservation:

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--