Byrnes At Blythewood

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Byrnes At Blythewood

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Last week's Doodles Rankings
BLYTHEWOOD 305.1 JAMES F. BYRNES 311.8

Blythewood beat Boiling Springs 40 - 0 at home
Byrnes beat Hillcrest 31-28 at Hillcrest

The Rebels jumped out to an early lead and held on for the win. They were without 3 key players on Defense and at times, it showed!

Comparing the schedules and the results, I would give the edge to Byrnes on the tougher schedule:

Byrnes has the most impressive wins: vs Gaffney & at Hillcrest
Blythewood's most impressive win: vs Clover

Blythewood is the HOME team and is 4-2 at home:
W: Goose Creek, Nation Ford, Rock Hill, Boiling Springs
L: Ridge View, Lexington

Byrnes is 3-3 on the road:
W: Greenville, Hillcrest, Wren
L: Dorman, Spartanburg, West Florence

I don't know much about the "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" at Blythewood but I would think this would be a good game to attend if your team is no longer playing and I'm going to be picking the Rebels in the Pick 'em this week!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Byrnes At Blythewood

Post by mikey »

Byrnes playing some good ball..wouldnt surprised me to see em in the upperstate title game..

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Blythewood is one of the best places to watch a football game in the Columbia area. If I was a betting man I would pick Byrnes to win. However, I wouldn’t sleep on Blythewood. Traditionally they are a tough team defensively and they’ve shown that this year. With the level of competition rising for them, I’m not sure if their offense can score enough to beat Byrnes.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

bbrown1240 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:06 am
Blythewood is one of the best places to watch a football game in the Columbia area.
Looking a Google Maps, it does look very nice! Does the crowd get into the game?

bbrown1240 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:06 am
If I was a betting man I would pick Byrnes to win. However, I wouldn’t sleep on Blythewood. Traditionally they are a tough team defensively and they’ve shown that this year. With the level of competition rising for them, I’m not sure if their offense can score enough to beat Byrnes.
With the losses on Defense over the past few days, that might be easier than you think.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Blythewood is a beautiful place to see a game. Close parking and a super nice venue. And yes, they do get rowdy.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

The defense have been our strength all year! With the loss of some key players to that unit the road will be tuff!
I do think Byrnes find a way just like last Friday to pull it out!

Byrnes 27
Blythewood 21

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

likeitRnot wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am
The defense have been our strength all year! With the loss of some key players to that unit the road will be tuff!
I do think Byrnes find a way just like last Friday to pull it out!

Byrnes 27
Blythewood 21
Good news is we have a lot of guys that have played and will step up. If Byrnes can continue to limit mistakes and keep the hammer down for 4 quarters and not let up in the 3rd, then the Rebs roll.

Byrnes 34
B-wood 17

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Post by STChamp 92 »

being one of the few people that have witnessed both Blythewood and Byrnes this year in person.. I would say it's going to be closer than expected. Blythewood iis HUGE on offense... QB 17 and RB 9... they have very innovative calls on offense, and #10 is a speedster... Defense has size up front but I feel like Byrnes will probably exploit that... also, the Refs will be something to play against.. the home cooking was real crazy against Boiling Springs... maybe they won't be able to get away with that against Byrnes... Nice atmosphere though, for real... they had a lot of fans, surprised to see that in the Columbia area, but very cool.