5A quarterfinals…don’t be shy..

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

5A quarterfinals…don’t be shy..

Post by mikey »

Come on now…everyone has an opinion..let’s hear em..why might spur some chatter here.. :idea:

I got Spartanburg..I just think Hodge will have the game plan to get it done..has speed on the outside,a QB who’s big enough to get 2 or 3 yards if need be and are just playing good..if they can hold J.Green to 100 to 150 yds with the front 7I think they have the athletes to challenge their receivers..tall order,but the team overall are playing good ball..too bad they don’t have the fan support Gaffney has to somewhat neutralize the home field..

Gaffney..I think the players will have heard so much about penalties..be it coaches or social media lol.I think they get it under control..only thing holding them back and a lot of it is being young..Northwestern showed what they are capable of without penalties..we overcome them against FD,Spartanburg,… Dorman I think was just not a very good team.B.Littlejohn missed that game and those long TD runs they had were to the side he would have been opposite N.Johnson our other Shrine Bowler….Byrnes ..the penalties bit us and at the most inoppurtune time early in the game..that said ..74 seems to the REZ is worth at least 7 points..bout right..

Summerville..I like the their uniforms and their Stadium…I just don’t what it is with Sumter..u never really know how good the Gamecocks are..out in the middle of no where and hot..man it’s hot there in the summertime..

FD..dangerous team..Gaffney just happened to win that one..hard to tell if they have gotten better with the region they’re in..That whole lowerstate crowd is hard to get a grip on .

Now let’s hear from the rest of ye..
Last edited by mikey on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: 5A quarterfinals…don’t be shy..

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Well, just as sure as there is a toothless meth-head in the Spinx parking lot in Marietta, ole Tom Knotts has a game plan ready for Spartanburg. DF is healthy again and playing good ball. As long as the OL and the DL keep playing well, I like our chances. We commit a lot of penalties...over 100 yards in penalties against Dorman and some turnovers. Need to clean that up. Knotts will have a plan and the athletes to execute it. Should be fun.

Gaffney owes Byrnes and its at home so I think they win that game, but its going to be a fun game to watch. Lower State is so happy DF is not there they can't contain their glee...Summerville and Fort D look good. Sumter looked good until they let Oceanside take them to the woodshed, so I don't know. Have to go with Fort D to take the lower state. Sumter shut out Summerville earlier in the season so we will have to see.

Fear The Fox...

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

berkeley to win it all in 2023
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:47 am
berkeley to win it all in 2023
berkeley to win it all in 2093
There I fixed it for ya!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Corn Flakes is the best 5A team remaining in the Lower State.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

So it’s just me and DFoldman.. :o :(

Rest of y’all suc.. :lol: :

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:54 pm

I posted a thread, and even before you did... so BITE ME! :lol:
http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9378

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:05 pm
mikey wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:54 pm

I posted a thread, and even before you did... so BITE ME! :lol:
http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9378
Yes sir you did,,so you don’t suc..but you didn’t post it here so I’m guessing you were just shy.. :lol:

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

DF over The Vikings. They are at home and almost impossible to beat at their place. Sort of like playing at The Reservation. I see Gaffney beating The Rebels setting up the rematch of last years state championship game at Gaffney on Turkey Day Friday. In the lower state I really was surprised with how easily Carolina Forest took care of The Gators last week. FD is prone to upsets in the playoffs so this game could be interesting. I however have to go with FD at home but will be pulling for CF as this is the only way Summerville gets another home game this year AND I really don't like FD :mrgreen: . And last but not least, the rematch between Summerville and Sumter. In the first game earlier this year, Sumter beat my Wave 16-0. Summerville played their worst game of the season with way too many turnovers and missed scoring opportunities. Sumter is fast! Our speed usually wins us games but Sumter had one player who played both ways which hurt us all night on both sides of the ball. You have to believe Summerville looked at the game tape for Sumters following game in which they lost 28-0 to 2A Oceanside Collegate. How? To no one's surprise, I am picking Summerville to avenge their earlier loss to The Gamecocks setting up an epic rematch at FD for the lower state championship on Turkey Day Friday. So there it is, I no longer suck...feeling much better.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:14 am
DF over The Vikings. They are at home and almost impossible to beat at their place. Sort of like playing at The Reservation. I see Gaffney beating The Rebels setting up the rematch of last years state championship game at Gaffney on Turkey Day Friday. In the lower state I really was surprised with how easily Carolina Forest took care of The Gators last week. FD is prone to upsets in the playoffs so this game could be interesting. I however have to go with FD at home but will be pulling for CF as this is the only way Summerville gets another home game this year AND I really don't like FD :mrgreen: . And last but not least, the rematch between Summerville and Sumter. In the first game earlier this year, Sumter beat my Wave 16-0. Summerville played their worst game of the season with way too many turnovers and missed scoring opportunities. Sumter is fast! Our speed usually wins us games but Sumter had one player who played both ways which hurt us all night on both sides of the ball. You have to believe Summerville looked at the game tape for Sumters following game in which they lost 28-0 to 2A Oceanside Collegate. How? To no one's surprise, I am picking Summerville to avenge their earlier loss to The Gamecocks setting up an epic rematch at FD for the lower state championship on Turkey Day Friday. So there it is, I no longer suck...feeling much better.
See..u just needed to let it out..lol