ME AND PENGUIN ARE DONE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

ME AND PENGUIN ARE DONE

Post by CITYSLICKER »

THIS BOARD IS TOO DAMN RESTRICTIVE, THEY CHANGE MY WORDS AND DELETE STUFF WITH NO REASON, WORST THAT FACEBOOK, REBEL 74 SHOULD BE BANNED AND CHICO, TOO. ITS JUST A GIRLY BOY PLACE NOW, BYE TO ALL, BEFS AND BS CAN RULE THESE PLACE. REAL MEN DONT NEED SISSY PLACES THAT DON LIKE FARTS, ETC. WORKING ON MY OWN SITE WHERE YOU SAY WHATEVER U WANT ON MINE. NOW CHANGE AND DELETE THIS STUFF YOU SWALLYWAGS.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: ME AND PENGUIN ARE DONE

Post by DFOLDMAN »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 am
THIS BOARD IS TOO DAMN RESTRICTIVE, THEY CHANGE MY WORDS AND DELETE STUFF WITH NO REASON, WORST THAT FACEBOOK, REBEL 74 SHOULD BE BANNED AND CHICO, TOO. ITS JUST A GIRLY BOY PLACE NOW, BYE TO ALL, BEFS AND BS CAN RULE THESE PLACE. REAL MEN DONT NEED SISSY PLACES THAT DON LIKE FARTS, ETC. WORKING ON MY OWN SITE WHERE YOU SAY WHATEVER U WANT ON MINE. NOW CHANGE AND DELETE THIS STUFF YOU SWALLYWAGS.
As a card carrying scallywag, let me know when your site is up.

Fear The Fox...

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

WILL DO, CAMEL KILLER

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Do you want me to delete your account, or is this just another BS vanity post? Go watch a basketball game.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
THIS BOARD IS TOO RESTRICTIVE...... WORKING ON MY OWN SITE WHERE YOU SAY WHATEVER U WANT ON MINE.
Good luck with that. Let us know when it is up and running so we can direct certain people over there.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

BITE ME FLORENCE LOSER, THIS AINT YOUR DAMN BOARD ANYWAY, YOUR POOR ASS GAVE IT UP, REMEMBER

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Don't let the door hit you in the _______ on the way out.................most times i never had any idea what you were talking about anyway..............real men don't slander kids with juvenile pre-puberty words like FART.........see ya.............

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

On a couple points, he’s not wrong.

Look at how disruptive Ddub and his new account have been.

Guys like us who color outside the lines but have good intentions get persecuted while guys who color inside the lines but want to watch the world burn get by without even a slap on the hand.

I’m not upset about it. Not gonna be a whiny clown b*tch like some. But he makes some good arguments.

Of course SF Band Dad has good points too.

If anyone doesn’t like it here. They can go elsewhere.

There’s no illusion of free speech here but free speech means you can hammer together you own platform and say what you want on it.

This site ain’t America and does not adopt America’s Constitution.

It’s just SCPrepTalk. And like Twitter and Facebook your freedom directly depends, sadly on who wields the ceptre.

I’ll say this.

If a new board with a more dynamic type of moderation is ever born, some members won’t need to be directed there.

They’ll fall out of here like theres a hole in the site.

SLICK,

You remember when I was a moderator on this site. Contrary to your unlettered rants and ill-advised screeds, I never once used a delete button or other heavy handed admin tool to do my job.

I used what little personality I have and my powers of un-persuasion to send PM’s around to all concerned parties and sometimes just make direct posts with appeals to the most reasonable approach to achieve harmony without making any one upset who were not already Hell bent on Nihilism.

But you bitched and moaned so much that I just gave up the mod status.

I suppose I could still attempt to moderate it PFT style but we might have the opposite problem. I don’t know.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Pretty sure that I am retiring after this season anyway, but my problem is not anything that is said, or posted, but rather the "selective" enforcement of the rules.

On my drive home Thursday night, I saw where a certain poster called me out for calling the Frankie's Fun Park Gang, "Fart Dorchester" because it offended him. Before I got home, that entire thread was deleted, and all of Slick's post about "Bufart" were changed to Beaufort. OK, fine.

Yesterday afternoon, that same poster called Oceanside, the "Cheaters" more than a handful of times. I used that term about them many times. I have no problem with that, BUTT, those posts weren't moderated. The hypocrisy here is unbelievable. Either we have rules that apply to everyone, or we just do away with those rules.

I know that Ruben and Jack are busy with their lives away from this site, and that this time of year sees a ton of traffic and a lot of rule bending. 99.9999% of us know, and accept the personal jabs and humorous attacks on school names and mascots.

It was said that coaches read this and don't like it. To that I simply say that if a High School Football coach is reading a message board, then they are not doing their jobs and further, that they are full grown adults who are being paid to do their jobs. Our money pays their salaries, and we have the right to criticize them if we see fit.

I may be the guy wearing the Black Hat here, that guy that irritates most everyone, but I have many good friends all over this state through High School football, and I can count on one hand, the number of people here that I just genuinely do not care for. For the biggest part, if I am picking at you, it is because I actually care about you or your school. I just want for things to settle down some and allow people to work things out. A ton of raw emotions this time of the year.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 pm
Guys like us .... get persecuted while guys who color inside the lines but want to watch the world burn get by without even a slap on the hand.
You have no idea what actions we've taken. You think we've left some bad stuff up? You should see what we've moved.
(We almost never delete anything, we move it off the main board for review, occasionally we'll move something back.)
DeCav wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 pm
You remember when I was a moderator on this site. Contrary to your unlettered rants and ill-advised screeds, I never once used a delete button or other heavy handed admin tool to do my job.

I used what little personality I have and my powers of un-persuasion to send PM’s around to all concerned parties and sometimes just make direct posts with appeals to the most reasonable approach to achieve harmony without making any one upset who were not already Hell bent on Nihilism.
We don't have time to play amateur psychologist or psychiatrist to a bunch of grumpy old men who want to crotch-kick, eye-poke or argue politics and religion. The owner of this site monitors the traffic at the server level, he knows what topics are getting the views and hits. It's not the repetitive, off-topic vanity posts. The quickest way to kill a good football topic is to let it get hijacked and dragged off into the weeds. As I type this there are 220 people reading this forum, maybe 10 of them are interested in the back-and-forth of our regulars. Oddly enough, the other 210 are interested in...... football.