The "Bye" Week

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GO GET 'EM CATS!
Ninety Six Wildcats

The "Bye" Week

Post by GO GET 'EM CATS! »

New (to SCPrepTalk) poster here, just checking in from that other site and wanting to see what it's like to breathe the drama free air.

I see that there are posters from several schools here that will get a "bye" in the first round, including my Ninety Six Wildcats. What do you guys think? Is the "bye" a good thing to allow more time to heal and prepare, or is it a bad thing to remain idle for a week and maybe get out of your rhythm?

Devilscattail
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: The "Bye" Week

Post by Devilscattail »

We will absolutely benefit from the bye week. Need some healing and I don't think Coach Liner will let them go flat during this bye week. Great time for tuning in on some things and even adding a couple extra plays or something.
BTW welcome to the board.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

I love it.our WILDCATS have had an outstanding regular
season with some tough hard nose football.sure will be
nice to have a bye week and let the others battle it out.
looks like our WILDCATS will play CHESTERFIELD unless
there is a major upset this week.sure will be nice not
having to make the long trip over there.

Devilscattail
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by Devilscattail »

Fanatic, #25 and #2 only have ankle sprains, so the week of rest will be good to get them both back healthy.

old man
No Team Affiliation

Post by old man »

Palmetto banned me from the board. Does not pay to challenge old Billyboy!

old man
No Team Affiliation

Post by old man »

NS has a great team this year and I am very proud of them. It is a shame that his hatred consumes him. The kid he keeps calling out will end his career with over 5,000 yards passing on a run first team, and probably the most wins in school history as the starting QB. He has been the leading passer for two years in a row according to the Index Journal, and will probably make it three after this year. After watching the game on the internet this past Saturday, NS does not get into field goal range without this kid making some incredible throws in wet conditions. The pass to # 11 was a thing of beauty. Billyboy said NS could not win without Johnson, and when they did he had to counter act the win with trying to destroy it with jealousy. In fact NS does not beat Saluda without 2 TD passes from the NS's QB the week before. It takes a team to win, and that is what I see out of the Wildcats this year is a team!!! I hope they win state, and maybe Mr. Jealous will die of a heart attack!!!
Hope to get to see the Cats play next week, but I have to have surgery the next week and probably want get to see them except on the internet.

Cattail I am formerly DR Lou, since I cant post anymore on PFT please feel free to copy and paste this message to Bozo!!!

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

I personally don't like the bye week. I'm sure it helps the team though.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

jhs65
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by jhs65 »

It may help some minor injuries but it costs those schools a lot of gate and concession money.

GO GET 'EM CATS!
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by GO GET 'EM CATS! »

With AA split into two divisions, the current format is about all you can do, short of adding eight teams to each division to play five rounds with no bye. But there aren't enough teams in AA to do that. Or you cut eight teams from each division and only play four rounds. But doesn't the League take a cut of every playoff gate? If so, there is no incentive for them to schedule fewer games.

Devilscattail
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by Devilscattail »

old man wrote:NS has a great team this year and I am very proud of them. It is a shame that his hatred consumes him. The kid he keeps calling out will end his career with over 5,000 yards passing on a run first team, and probably the most wins in school history as the starting QB. He has been the leading passer for two years in a row according to the Index Journal, and will probably make it three after this year. After watching the game on the internet this past Saturday, NS does not get into field goal range without this kid making some incredible throws in wet conditions. The pass to # 11 was a thing of beauty. Billyboy said NS could not win without Johnson, and when they did he had to counter act the win with trying to destroy it with jealousy. In fact NS does not beat Saluda without 2 TD passes from the NS's QB the week before. It takes a team to win, and that is what I see out of the Wildcats this year is a team!!! I hope they win state, and maybe Mr. Jealous will die of a heart attack!!!
Hope to get to see the Cats play next week, but I have to have surgery the next week and probably want get to see them except on the internet.

Cattail I am formerly DR Lou, since I cant post anymore on PFT please feel free to copy and paste this message to Bozo!!!
I'll Gladly do that for you. Hope you're going to be OK and remember it will be on live web feed.
Screw PFT, they screen every post I make. Much more enjoyable over here.