North Augusta

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
icoachfb53
No Team Affiliation

North Augusta

Post by icoachfb53 »

What is going on in NA? Where is Quin going?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: North Augusta

Post by Greerfan1 »

shocked but not shocked at the same time

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

North Augusta football coach Matt Quinn resigns after one season
Will Cheney, Augusta Chronicle
Tue, Apr 25, 2023, 5:27 PM EDT
:arrow: https://sports.yahoo.com/north-augusta- ... 41339.html

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Matt Quinn resigns as North Augusta High School head football coach after one season
by: Brendan Robertson
Updated: Apr 25, 2023 / 08:00 PM EDT
:arrow: https://www.wjbf.com/top-stories/matt-q ... ne-season/

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

PLEASE let Bryce Lybrand get that job so that he can get out of this place for good!
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Penguin wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 pm
PLEASE let Bryce Lybrand get that job so that he can get out of this place for good!
He played a crippled DF team and realized his skills were no match for the Carolina GOAT....and gave up, I suspect. Ha.

Kidding...no idea. Maybe a better offer, perhaps in Georgia?

Fear The Fox...

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

I said a year ago that I didn’t understand this hire. A career .500 win coach that never stayed longer than 3 years. This program hasn’t had stability since Dan Pippin left. The booster club investigation by the district office and their (booster club) desire to run things has totally screwed up this program. “Maybe” hiring Richard Bush as the next coach would bring stability to the program but you have an AD that is counting his days until retirement there too. I don’t know if Richard has the experience to run this program but his wife is the AD at a local middle school and Richard grew up in the community playing sports including football so he would have the support. He was a head coach at Williston-Elko for a period but came back to NA. He has been named interim coach so let’s hope he gets a shot.

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Damefan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 am
I said a year ago that I didn’t understand this hire. A career .500 win coach that never stayed longer than 3 years. This program hasn’t had stability since Dan Pippin left. The booster club investigation by the district office and their (booster club) desire to run things has totally screwed up this program. “Maybe” hiring Richard Bush as the next coach would bring stability to the program but you have an AD that is counting his days until retirement there too. I don’t know if Richard has the experience to run this program but his wife is the AD at a local middle school and Richard grew up in the community playing sports including football so he would have the support. He was a head coach at Williston-Elko for a period but came back to NA. He has been named interim coach so let’s hope he gets a shot.
At this point, the best move is to go interim coach and be ahead of the curve next offseason.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

What was his record at his previous HV stop?