With SC legislature blocking any meaningful action by the SCHSL, what if the SCHSL members voted to dissolve and…..

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

With SC legislature blocking any meaningful action by the SCHSL, what if the SCHSL members voted to dissolve and…..

Post by AngryMax »

….and started over with a new name, something like SC High School Athletic Association and started of with a definition of what constitutes a member in good standing, in regards to attendance zone, etc.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: With SC legislature blocking any meaningful action by the SCHSL, what if the SCHSL members voted to dissolve and…..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

You are assuming that the membership wants to dissolve....

Most coaches don't want to get involved at that level, they just want to coach their teams and leave that stuff up to someone else.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

btango
No Team Affiliation

Re: With SC legislature blocking any meaningful action by the SCHSL, what if the SCHSL members voted to dissolve and…..

Post by btango »

I think it may end up like NC's House and Senate basically taking over the NCHSAA going on right now.

coachinggrapevine
No Team Affiliation

Post by coachinggrapevine »

You have a better chance of seeing a pig fly.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Lawmakers sack proposal that would’ve allowed SCHSL to address charter school concerns
Lou Bezjak
June 9, 2023
:arrow: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lawmake ... 01547.html

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Too many "huge contributors" involved in those private and charter schools so there is no way those legislators are going to make them upset!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:15 pm
Too many "huge contributors" involved in those private and charter schools so there is no way those legislators are going to make them upset!.
That's an interesting observation. My initial thought was, "The regular public schools have big contributors too." But then realized that they are competing in 1A and 2A. The medium and large, urban schools are unaffected. It's the smaller, mostly rural schools that are taking it on the chin. The people in those towns rarely have much political clout.

Football Maniac
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football Maniac »

SF Band dad wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:14 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:15 pm
Too many "huge contributors" involved in those private and charter schools so there is no way those legislators are going to make them upset!.
That's an interesting observation. My initial thought was, "The regular public schools have big contributors too." But then realized that they are competing in 1A and 2A. The medium and large, urban schools are unaffected. It's the smaller, mostly rural schools that are taking it on the chin. The people in those towns rarely have much political clout.
I would say both, rural schools and medium and large urban/suburban schools are affected. Like you said, the rural schools are stuck playing them, but the bigger schools are where they are pulling kids from.