Welcome to SCPreptalk

Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome to SCPreptalk

Post by Administrator »

Welcome to SCPreptalk, a forum for high sports fans created by a high school sports fan and parent that is frustrated by the frequent pop-up ads and daily surveys at Palmetto Football Talk.

I have never used forum software before and I'm still figuring things out. At least for now I am this forum's sole Owner, Administrator and Moderator. Since I have yet to post any rules or posting guidelines, please just use common sense. You have to follow Forumatic's terms-of-service which you agreed to when you registered, you have to obey all laws. (No slander, no posting of material that is Copyrighted.) Bashing or insulting kids will not be tolerated. Personal attacks are not allowed, unless the target is a fan of a school in 4A region 2. ;)

I have setup this forum using free webspace from Forumatic using open-source phpBB software. Any advertising you see may see is Forumatic's, not mine. Those ads allow them to provide the service at no charge. If this forum becomes popular I will have to upgrade to a paid service-plan and I may consider placing advertising to offset those costs.

Welcome!
SF Band dad
Administrator

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Welcome to SCPreptalk

Post by SF Band dad »

Okay guys, you asked for it, here it is! :D

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to SCPreptalk!

Post by Administrator »

I now see that Forumatic does not place ads on the free forums, the lack of ads all over the place is a nice change from most sites we are now used to.

I was asked how much it will cost to upgrade if this forum gets popular once football season rolls around, here is a link to Forumatic's rates page: https://www.forumatic.com/plans/
Click on "Personal Plans", this is currently a Free Trial.

I also see that I was confused about what comes with the free trial, I guess I was looking at the business plans. We only get 30,000 page views a month and no storage space (except for what it takes to host the forum and text). That explains why personal avatars are not an option and we won't be able to upload pictures and attachments, we can only link to them.

SF Band dad

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Hey! I figured out how to enable the avatars! 8-)

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Wrong twice.

1. The guys at Forumatic finally got around to placing a banner ad at the bottom of the index page. Feel free to give them some click-throughs as thanks for the space and service.

2. [Obviously] avatars do work in the free-trial, it just took me a while to figure out how to turn them on. The instructions to this software was clearly written by tech-geeks. :D

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

OTAY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

Uh-Oh, I now have to figure out how to do an avatar again. :oops:
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

I think you're doing a great job! I don't mind the ads. It's the surveys that get me. I'd honestly rather pay a usage fee.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Bump..

Avatars lookin' good. So far, so good. :)

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

:oops: I obviously have more work to do. I just tried to reply to a Private Message, and I don't have permission to do so. :oops:

Now I need to put on my Administrator hat and try to figure what is wrong with SF Band dad's account. :cry: