The Chatroom Problem appears to be fixed

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

The Chatroom Problem appears to be fixed

Post by DeCav »

Our chat applicaton went down today. I've sent word to our IT guy. Hopefully we can get it back up soon.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

NinjaChickenAHHH
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Chatroom Problem

Post by NinjaChickenAHHH »

Where is the option for chat room going to be. I haven't been back on here since it was originally posted so I missed it's arrival and exit lol. But looking forward to using it when its back up and running.

IndianFan09
Gaffney Indians

Post by IndianFan09 »

Should be at the bottom of your web page. Facebook Style.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

It will appear as a banner at the bottom of the page. It crashed while we were trying to tweak its settings earlier this week.

I'm trying to sober-up our IT geek, hopefully he'll have it up and running tomorrow. 8-)

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

It was my fault. Pengy asked if there was a way to keep the bots out of the chatrooms. You're supposed to be able to ban a user from using chat so I tried placing the bot's screen name on the ban in the chat control panel and that crashed the application. Oh well. Live and learn. Maybe our IT guy can experiment with keeping bots out of our chat app AFTER the season is over.

Glad you came back around Ninja. Good luck tonight!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: The Chatroom Problem appears to be fixed

Post by SF Band dad »

I just got off the phone with Geek-Prime (Cralic), he's dinkin' around with some of the settings and it appears to be working again. :D

You will have to refresh your browser for the chat banner to appear at the bottom of the page.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Is there a way to bring the chat room back???

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

racincowboy02 wrote:Is there a way to bring the chat room back???
We have looked into it.
It "might" return in the future but currently I have some other board updates that I hope to accomplish first.

We've also debated as to whether the chat room is overall good for the site.
We are not sure if a chat room would increase or decrease the number of posts on the site.
Slightly afraid that it would decrease the number of posts on the site.

Thoughts? :?:

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I see your points and I don't really know how it would effect it. I think it would be cool to be in a chat type setting on Friday nights to get scores and chat about plays as the night goes on. I know thats what the board is and also thats why we have the score stream app but score stream gets aggrevating to use at times