SCPrepTalk is moving to a new host!!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

SCPrepTalk is moving to a new host!!!

Post by SF Band dad »

Forumatic has been a good host for the last 6 months while we figured out how to manage and admin a forum, but our capabilities and bandwidth are very limited here and it would have been prohibitively expensive to upgrade this account. Consequently, I've been working with my stepson to migrate the forum over to a file-server where he has an existing contract for unlimited storage and bandwidth. We have been successful. :D During our test-runs we were able to move all posts, replies, member preferences, avatars, groups, ranks,....everything!

We think we'll make the switch tomorrow (Tuesday) night. For some period of time tomorrow this forum will become unavailable while we download an up-to-date copy of the database and upload it to the new site. Once we're done I will post another announcement here with a link to our new home.

I won't delete this forum and cancel the Forumatic account until we're sure the new site is up and stable.

Thanks,
SFBD

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: SCPrepTalk is moving to a new host!!!

Post by cavaliereagle »

SF Band dad wrote:Forumatic has been a good host for the last 6 months while we figured out how to manage and admin a forum, but our capabilities and bandwidth are very limited here and it would have been prohibitively expensive to upgrade this account. Consequently, I've been working with my stepson to migrate the forum over to a file-server where he has an existing contract for unlimited storage and bandwidth. We have been successful. :D During our test-runs we were able to move all posts, replies, member preferences, avatars, groups, ranks,....everything!

We think we'll make the switch tomorrow (Tuesday) night. For some period of time tomorrow this forum will become unavailable while we download an up-to-date copy of the database and upload it to the new site. Once we're done I will post another announcement here with a link to our new home.

I won't delete this forum and cancel the Forumatic account until we're sure the new site is up and stable.

Thanks,
SFBD
Thanks for all the hard work!
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

...and here we are. :D

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

And we are here... :ugeek:

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

:D :D :D
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

We are running the latest public release of the phpBB software, version 3.0.11. It's a little different than the pre-release 3.1.0 version they were running over at Forumatic, we're still figuring out how to do things. We've been trying to update the top banner logo for two days and can't seem to make it change. :lol:

However, we are no longer limited in our storage or bandwidth. You no longer have to link to images and files, you can attach them. We can now invite as many people as we want without fear of hitting our page-count limits. :D

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

This is pretty sweet dude. Nice to have a simple web address that I can type in. Easy to remember. I may be a little rusty from the off season but I'll get right on getting caught up on things.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson