The New South Carolina Football History Website

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

The New South Carolina Football History Website

Post by Dave Pickren »

https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SCHSFHS

Introducing South Carolina High School Football Historical Society
South Carolina data transfer!

I am pleased to announce that Dave Pickren of the SC Prep Football History Site is transferring his South Carolina data to the GHSFHA, allowing us to create separate and yet integrated companion sites for Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee high school football.

A note from Dave:

We are excited to be part of the South Carolina High School Football Historical Society. I have partnered with a great group of guys dedicated to preserving and researching the great game of high school football throughout the Southeast. This site joins Georgia, Tennessee, and now South Carolina and forms a fantastic place for fans all over the Southeast to learn about high school.

I appreciate Loren Maxwell and all the hard work he and many others have put into programming the website and making this possible. I hope everyone enjoys the format and the ability to access information quickly and easily. Loren is owed a huge shout-out for making this possible and for inviting South Carolina football history to become part of this fantastic site and group of individuals.

The purpose of this site and our aim for creating the site is to highlight and document the history of High School Football in South Carolina. Over the past 27 years, I have gathered many scores covering over 72 years of results from 1950 – 2021. With the new site, we hope to increase our visibility, the amount of information on the site, and as always, look to be even more accurate.

Our ultimate goal is to gather, and document scores from every game ever played in South Carolina.

The information gathered here is available to the press and fans free of charge. All we ask is that you reference the site if you use information researched and listed here on SCHSFHS. It is the proper journalistic format to quote your sources and to give credit for research not conducted personally. We are always excited to share the information and help grow the sport but only ask that you give credit so we may increase the visibility of the website.

We realize there are errors and omissions in the information contained within. This site will probably always be a work in progress as we gather up new information and new sources to fill in the holes. If you see an error or have information that can be added to the site, please let us know. We will be glad to make any documented changes to the website.

Information can be submitted to: dave.pickren@gmail.com, or you can reach me on the message boards.

Thank you for visiting our site and for exploring the history of South Carolina high school football. We hope you enjoy the information.

Thanks and have a wonderful 2021 season

Dave Pickren

While the transition has been fairly smooth, also note that some of the data still needs attention and some data still needs to be collected. An example is the weekly polls. I will be working on identifying the data we still need and researching that data as I am able to, but I am also looking for assistance in that effort. If interested, please see the Help Wanted post below and contact me!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Re: The New South Carolina Football History Website

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Dave, I am so glad to see you are back and updating your Football History Website. I can't wait to see when you have all the years updated. I have told a lot of people about your site. Thanks so much for doing this!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

A big thanks to Doormat Dave. It is impossible to fathom the amount of work and dedication that it has taken to put this all together. Glad that I don't have to pay you by the hour for your time.

It is great to see references to most of the games of my childhood moving forward. Myself, Cityslicker, and the late Barry Byers were all together one night in Rock Hill for a game between Berkeley and South Pointe. Bruce Ellington was the QB for Berkeley, and South Pointe had DeVonte Holliman, Stephon Gilmore, and Jadeveon Clowney. I don't know which was more impressive, the talent on the field, or the knowledge in the stands. Hot chocolate froze in your cup that night. Coldest game that I ever was at. Those memories are what makes this sport so memorable. The friendships and respect. And Dave has worked so hard to commit so much to official history in one website. Hats off, Dave. Well done.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

MY BUDDY KEPT RUNNING TO BATHROOM TO USE THE HAND WARMER, THEY WANTED ME TO EAT SOUP WITH THEM, I REFUSED TO EAT WITH THE ENEMY BUT MY CO-PILOT ATE 3 BOWLS, LATER THEY SAID THE MEAT WAS DEER IN THE SOUP, THEY HURT ELLINGTON AND IT WAS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED. MEMORIES ARE FOREVER. BERNIE GOT SICK HE CALLED ME EVERY WEEK FOR MY CANCER STORY, HIS DIDNT WORK OUT FOR HIM.ROCK HILL LOST A LEGEND FOR SURE
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING