SPARTANBURG at BYRNES: Poll and Opinions

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins Spartanburg at Byrnes

Spartanburg
25%
Byrnes
75%

Total votes: 8

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

SPARTANBURG at BYRNES: Poll and Opinions

Post by SCPrepTalk »

5A Region 3 Showdown in Duncan.

The Vikings (4-2) got off to an 0-2 start with losses @ Summerville and T.L. Hanna.
Since then Chris Miller has righted his Viking ship with 4 straight dominant victories.
Spartanburg has scored 39 or more points in every game they have had their full allotment of players.
Are the Vikings ready to peak at the right time?

The Rebels (5-0) came out this season ready to prove that last years 3-7 record is in their rear view mirror.
Highlighted by a win over nationally known Don Bosco Prep(NJ). Sound thrashings of Myrtle Beach and Northwestern; along with dominant defensive performances over local rivals Greer and Broome. Byrnes leads all 5A teams only giving up 8 points per game.
Will this continue to be the year that 'The Empire Strikes Back'?

Give us some thoughts and opinions about the Vikings versus the Rebels matchup.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: SPARTANBURG at BYRNES: Poll and Opinions

Post by cavaliereagle »

I think Byrnes is back. I've got Byrnes in this one.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

I will not say the Rebs are back until they hoist the trophy in December. However, they have that look again, getting the swagger back. Offense is slowly coming together and the defense may be the best the Rebs have had in forever. This game has meant so much the last five years and that is not changing this year.

Byrnes 38
SHS 13

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Rebels must find a way to contain Vikings #5 as he is always moving from Tailback, to Wide Receiver, to slot, to H Back to punt return... they find ways to get him the ball and he is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. We must also find some offense and not make mistakes.

I'll be there to see it first hand, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Spartanburg 21
Byrnes 24

:roll: I hope...

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

OLD MAN WHO CARES
Attachments
DUCKIES.jpg
DUCKIES.jpg (46.14 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

BYRNES82
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES82 »

AT THIS POINT ITS HARD TO TRUST THE VIKINGS, AFTER WATCHING THEM PLAY A VERY WEAK AND UN INSPIRED WESTSIDE TEAM LAST WEEK I DID NOT THINK THEY LOOKED THAT GOOD. I CANT SAY THE VIKINGS ARE PLAYING THAT WELL, ALSO CONSIDER THEY BEAT A TERRIBLE UNION TEAM AND A SO SO GA TEAM, AND GOT PUNISHED BY A GOOD TL HANNA TEAM. MILLER WILL HAVE THEM READY TO PLAY, HE'S ALWAYS WANTED TO STICK IT TO THE REBELS SINCE THAT SHIT STORM WHEN HE LEFT BYRNES. #5 FOR THE VIKINGS IS LEGIT AND THE REBELS BETTER BE READY FOR HIM OR IT WILL BE A VERY LONG NIGHT FOR THE REBEL SECONDARY. I THINK THERE IS TO MUCH SPEED AND TO MANY ATHLETE'S ON THE REBEL DEFENSE FOR THE VKINGS TO PREVAIL. THE REBELS HAVE ONLY GIVING UP A AVERAGE OF 8PTS A GAME AND ITS REALLY LOWER THAN THAT CONSIDERING OUR SUBS HAVE GIVEN UP SOME GARBAGE TIME POINTS. THE REBELS BETTER COME READY TO PLAY THIS FRIDAY NIGHT! MY PICK IS

BYRNES 28
SPARTANBRG 14