Projections: 4A BracketSCHSLogy

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Projections: 4A BracketSCHSLogy

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

SCPrepTalk 4A BracketSCHSLogy

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Projections: 4A BracketSCHSLogy

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Region One-
1. Belton-Honea Path- This is a tough pick. BHP and Greenville are both really good teams.
2. Greenville- Averaging nearly 50 pts a game. Could be a Big Showdown in Week 10 with BHP.
3. Wren- Qb is a really good athlete and looks to be improving as a Qb each week. They can score. Nearly 35 pts a game.
4. Daniel- Solid Defense but they are struggling to put points on the board.

Region Two-
1. Greer- Only loss has been to Byrnes, otherwise they have dominated some good teams.
2. Eastside- #1 in Points per Game(Off and Def) Averaging a score of 51-4. Schedule has been favorable to this point. UC will be a much bigger challenge.
3. Union County- Struggling at 0-6 but many teams would with that schedule. Big game against Eastside this Friday.
4. Blue Ridge- Slow start at 2-4. But losses are to quality teams in BHP, Chapman, and Mauldin.

Region Three-
1. South Pointe- Hopefully, I don't need to explain this pick.
2. Ridge View- Only loss to Sumter. 4-1 overall. Wins over Fairfield Central and 38-0 over Union County.
3. York- Off to a 4-1 with some good wins over Ft.Mill,Clover, Nation Ford, and Union County.
4. Westwood- 3-2 overall with good wins over Blythewood and Chester. Only losses to Dutch Fork and Westside.

Region Four-
1. South Aiken- A showdown with North Augusta looks to be brewing for Week 8.
2. North Augusta- Has been steamrolling the competition including a dominant victory over the only team to beat South Aiken.
3. Airport- A good win over Orangeburg-Wilkinson is the only win in their 1-4 start.
4. Winner of Aiken vs. Midland Valley in week 7 will likely get this spot. Both teams are currently 0-5.

Region Five-
1. Chapin- Good wins against Brookland-Cayce and River Bluff. Competitive losses to Irmo and Newberry.
2. Dreher- A 3-2 start with the only losses to teams that only have one loss between them.
3. Lower Richland- Only 2-3 but have been in every game but one.
4. Orangeburg-Wilkinson- Similar to LR. Only 2-3 but have been in every game but one.

Region Six-
1. Hartsville- Always seem to be the favorite in this Region.
2. Crestwood- Off to a 3-3 start. In their 3 losses their opponents only have 1 loss combined.
3. Lugoff-Elgin- Toss up for 3rd place between L-E and Lakewood.
4. Lakewood- Big game for region positioning this week vs. Lugoff-Elgin.

Region Seven-
1. North Myrtle Beach- Have been impressive to this point in the season (6-0). Big game vs. Mytle Beach on CW21 Thursday Night.
2. Myrtle Beach- Seem to have their early Defensive woes figured out. Coming off a big win over Conway.
3. Marlboro County- 2-3 on this season but have played quality opponents.
4. Wilson- Off to a solid 4-2 start. Might be a team to keep an eye on. Big game against MC in Week 7.

Region Eight-
1. Cane Bay- Had them picked 1st...now Slicker tells me that their Qb is hurt. ??? I'll leave them here this week. Overall I still like the direction of the Cane Bay program and they have a few weeks before they play Beaufort and Berkeley.
2. Berkeley- Seem to be improving with every week. Coach Robinson is a tremendous coach. Really considering them for the top spot in this Region again.
3. Beaufort- Undefeated but Bluffton was only opponent with a winning record. Still considering them for the top spot. The low score against May River (9-7) concerned me. May River has played a few teams close and lost. BEF- Poor field conditions or Bad weather that game? If a team can stop the run, can they stop Beaufort? :?:
4. Hilton Head- Always a tough out, but right now i'm just seeing them behind the other 3. Tough competitive region.

What are your picks? :?:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Region One-
1. Belton-Honea Path- This is a tough pick. BHP and Greenville are both really good teams.
2. Greenville- Averaging nearly 50 pts a game. Could be a Big Showdown in Week 10 with BHP.
3. Wren- Qb is a really good athlete and looks to be improving as a Qb each week. They can score. Nearly 35 pts a game.
I think you could take the top three in any order and defend your selection. That close. I'd give the nod to the Greenville-BHP game winner as I think I would take either of these against Wren.

Region Two-
1. Greer- Only loss has been to Byrnes, otherwise they have dominated some good teams.
2. Eastside- #1 in Points per Game(Off and Def) Averaging a score of 51-4. Schedule has been favorable to this point. UC will be a much bigger challenge.
3. Union County- Struggling at 0-6 but many teams would with that schedule. Big game against Eastside this Friday.
4. Blue Ridge- Slow start at 2-4. But losses are to quality teams in BHP, Chapman, and Mauldin.
Greer is solid, but Eastside is impressive, until you look at the teams that those wins came against. Then not quite as impressive. Union is winless, but sure is battle tested. Bottom line, I may be tempted to put Union County at #2 and Eastside at #3, but either way is understandable.

Region Three-
2. Ridge View- Only loss to Sumter. 4-1 overall. Wins over Fairfield Central and 38-0 over Union County.
3. York- Off to a 4-1 with some good wins over Ft.Mill,Clover, Nation Ford, and Union County.
4. Westwood- 3-2 overall with good wins over Blythewood and Chester. Only losses to Dutch Fork and Westside.
It looks like Friday Night's game is the only real speed bump in South Pointe's remaining schedule. Not that I'm taking Ridge View. I would say South Point at #1 and then the next three pull names out of the hat. They may all be 1-1 against each other.

Region Four-
2. North Augusta- Has been steamrolling the competition including a dominant victory over the only team to beat South Aiken.
3. Airport- A good win over Orangeburg-Wilkinson is the only win in their 1-4 start.
4. Winner of Aiken vs. Midland Valley in week 7 will likely get this spot. Both teams are currently 0-5.
I can't think of anything else to say here...NA-SA winner is clearly the favorite here.

Region Five-
1. Chapin- Good wins against Brookland-Cayce and River Bluff. Competitive losses to Irmo and Newberry.
2. Dreher- A 3-2 start with the only losses to teams that only have one loss between them.
4. Orangeburg-Wilkinson- Similar to LR. Only 2-3 but have been in every game but one.
I say the picture speaks volumes here....

Region Six-
2. Crestwood- Off to a 3-3 start. In their 3 losses their opponents only have 1 loss combined.
It appears to be wide open at this point in time.

Region Seven-
1. North Myrtle Beach- Have been impressive to this point in the season (6-0). Big game vs. Mytle Beach on CW21 Thursday Night.
2. Myrtle Beach- Seem to have their early Defensive woes figured out. Coming off a big win over Conway.
4. Wilson- Off to a solid 4-2 start. Might be a team to keep an eye on. Big game against MC in Week 7.
Myrtle Beach looked good at times against Byrnes, but at other times they looked awfully young and inexperienced. That team has grown up some and making fewer mistakes, just ask Conway. Thursday night's game should tell us a lot about Region Seven. I'm not convinced that Wilson couldn't be in the #1 or #2 spot.

Region Eight-
1. Cane Bay- Had them picked 1st...now Slicker tells me that their Qb is hurt. ??? I'll leave them here this week. Overall I still like the direction of the Cane Bay program and they have a few weeks before they play Beaufort and Berkeley.
2. Berkeley- Seem to be improving with every week. Coach Robinson is a tremendous coach. Really considering them for the top spot in this Region again.
3. Beaufort- Undefeated but Bluffton was only opponent with a winning record. Still considering them for the top spot. The low score against May River (9-7) concerned me. May River has played a few teams close and lost. BEF- Poor field conditions or Bad weather that game? If a team can stop the run, can they stop Beaufort? :?:
4. Hilton Head- Always a tough out, but right now i'm just seeing them behind the other 3. Tough competitive region.
With the injury to the Cane bay QB, things look much different. I think those Stags and Eagles of Beaufort may be meeting with a lot on the line later this year.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Region One-

Region Two-

Region Three-

Region Four-

Region Five-

Region Six-

Region Seven-

Region Eight-

What are your picks? :?:
Thanks for posting the 4A Playoff Projections EHSMeanGreen!!!! I really enjoy seeing these. You asked what happened in the Beaufort-May River game a few weeks ago. Well for one thing Beaufort's offense played a terrible game. Our QB struggled throwing the ball in this game, missing wide open receivers. Our Defense played awesome in this game though. The Eagles "D" has played great all year so far. I think with Beaufort only having had 2 practices for this game because of Hurricane Irma really hurt The Eagles. So I hope to see a better game this week.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
Thanks for posting the 4A Playoff Projections EHSMeanGreen!!!! I really enjoy seeing these. You asked what happened in the Beaufort-May River game a few weeks ago. Well for one thing Beaufort's offense played a terrible game. Our QB struggled throwing the ball in this game, missing wide open receivers. Our Defense played awesome in this game though. The Eagles "D" has played great all year so far. I think with Beaufort only having had 2 practices for this game because of Hurricane Irma really hurt The Eagles. So I hope to see a better game this week.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
You are welcome!
Your region looks to be pretty competitive and I could see you guys winning it.
I am interested to see how Cane Bay plays without their starting Qb.
These picks might look different after tomorrow night?

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
You are welcome!
Your region looks to be pretty competitive and I could see you guys winning it.
I am interested to see how Cane Bay plays without their starting Qb.
These picks might look different after tomorrow night?
I completely agree with you EHSMeanGreen. Region 8 4A is a very competitive region this year. I am anxious to see how Cane Bay does without Roderick also.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!