Chapin at Dutch Fork 9/28

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Chapin at Dutch Fork 9/28

Post by TheSilverFox »

20 years ago this matchup would have been about even but I doubt DF has any trouble at all with the eagles Friday. The schools are less than 10 miles apart so it’s seen as a rivalry game. Coach Knotts has said they’ve been dodging us for 8 years so I know he’ll have the guys fired up and ready to go! Interesting fact about Chapin is they’re the only school in SC that’s been in every classification since it opened.

Dutch Fork-60
Chapin-3

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Re: Chapin at Dutch Fork 9/28

Post by bbrown1240 »

Calling this game a rivalry is like calling Sumter and Lakewood a rivalry. There really is no comparison. Knotts should just look to get out of this game healthy.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

bbrown1240 wrote:Calling this game a rivalry is like calling Sumter and Lakewood a rivalry. There really is no comparison. Knotts should just look to get out of this game healthy.
Hey Brown, it’s just based on proximity of the schools a lot of kids live in or near Chapin go to Dutch Fork and vice versa. I’m with you there is absolutely no comparison but it’ll be interesting to see how Chapin does in 5A.

Quick question, what do you think of Sumter so far as you all head into region play? Chances to win the region and gain home field advantage in the playoffs?

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Honestly, me knowing Sumter, we’re due for a bad game. I’m hoping we got it out against Lakewood. Even though it was 49-7 we did not play well at all. I think we can and should run the table in the regular season. The LE game should be over by halftime. Blythewood lost their starting QB but still has a pretty good defense. SV kind of in the same boat as Blythewood but a better defense. Those two games will be tough and if we drop one it will be against one of those teams (we may not play well but I don’t think we will lose). But both of those games are at home. Flowers can’t seem to stay healthy for Irmo but I don’t think their defense can stop us anyway. If Northwestern doesn’t get it together we may end up having to play them on 11/2 but it’s pretty much already been stated that if that game happens and there are no implications for us, NW will see the 3rd team combined with the JV.

The past 3 years we could run the ball and play defense, but couldn’t pass it a lick. We are still a run first team, but the difference this year with us is we have two QBs that can throw the ball and a talented receiving corps that can catch and run. Two of our starting receivers are 6’4 with 6’0 Tony Dinkins McCall being our shifty slot receiver. If teams load the box, we don’t have a problem throwing the ball and have been very successful in doing so. We run lots of RPOs. Defensively we’re not as big as we have been up front but we are super fast especially at linebacker.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

bbrown1240 wrote:Honestly, me knowing Sumter, we’re due for a bad game. I’m hoping we got it out against Lakewood. Even though it was 49-7 we did not play well at all. I think we can and should run the table in the regular season. The LE game should be over by halftime. Blythewood lost their starting QB but still has a pretty good defense. SV kind of in the same boat as Blythewood but a better defense. Those two games will be tough and if we drop one it will be against one of those teams (we may not play well but I don’t think we will lose). But both of those games are at home. Flowers can’t seem to stay healthy for Irmo but I don’t think their defense can stop us anyway. If Northwestern doesn’t get it together we may end up having to play them on 11/2 but it’s pretty much already been stated that if that game happens and there are no implications for us, NW will see the 3rd team combined with the JV.

The past 3 years we could run the ball and play defense, but couldn’t pass it a lick. We are still a run first team, but the difference this year with us is we have two QBs that can throw the ball and a talented receiving corps that can catch and run. Two of our starting receivers are 6’4 with 6’0 Tony Dinkins McCall being our shifty slot receiver. If teams load the box, we don’t have a problem throwing the ball and have been very successful in doing so. We run lots of RPOs. Defensively we’re not as big as we have been up front but we are super fast especially at linebacker.
That’s good to hear, I expect you guys to run the table as well but I wouldn’t sleep on either of Blythewood, Irmo, or Spring Valley. All will be tough games but I think you guys should win. I’m interested to see how the playoff brackets look and who you guys will matchup with in the Upper State.