The home field advantage farce of the schl

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: The home field advantage farce of the schl

Post by Penguin »

If a team is good enough to have home field advantage in the playoffs, then they have enough of a winning record to achieve that seed. If not, then they travel. Trying to make an argument based upon a single outlier from one season is akin to denying climate change because of the temperature outside on one particular day. Statistics account for outliers by using long term observations. Trying to make perfect a system that can NEVER be perfect, is a battle that should never be fought.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Nobody said anything about perfect....just continuous improvement.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

And tell me exactly how winning more games does not rectify the problem.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

You cannot win more games than all of them...FD 13-0. DF 12-1 with the loss to FD. FD traveled to play at DF in the playoffs last year.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

GoBigGreen wrote:You cannot win more games than all of them...FD 13-0. DF 12-1 with the loss to FD. FD traveled to play at DF in the playoffs last year.
My argument was about apples. Yours is about oranges. I was talking about the ridiculous idea that somehow Gaffney got hosed by having to play at Woodmont.

But as for your argument, BEFORE the season even kicked off, Both Dutch Fork and Summerville were aware of this. This is the system that has been in effect fro more than 3 decades in the lesser classes. You have been posting on these boards for as long as I can remember. Please refer me to one of your posts regarding how unfair this arrangement is during ANY of that time. Typical post of someone who cannot see past the end of their own nose. If your team is not involved, then nothing else matters. Some of us has played under these rules for as long as we can remember. We find nothing wrong with it, as over the long haul, what comes around, goes around. Everyone complained about the points system. Everyone complained about the Big 16.

Whenever you wizards of oz figure out how to determine how the winner of one region is better than the winner of another region, Jerome Singleton would love to hear from you.

The system in place now is the most fair system that could ever be, yet you still are not satisfied. Go figure.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

How does it go....oh yeah Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You will never understand and that is ok.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

GoBigGreen wrote:You cannot win more games than all of them...FD 13-0. DF 12-1 with the loss to FD. FD traveled to play at DF in the playoffs last year.
Your exactly right gbg. with the its been done for 39 years hooey.with that frame of thought hell slavery was done for 100s of years doesn't make it right.
As for Jerome he dont guve a skit about noone but Jerome and Jerome's ego.remember the goose creek fiasco the board at schl was going to give them a break.soon as he found out .he made them meet behind closed doors decision changed .the hell with Jerome and h it s decades of dictatorship. That's another problem. That needs to be fixed.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

GoBigGreen wrote:How does it go....oh yeah Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You will never understand and that is ok.
The ramblings of someone in a debate without any facts to back up his point of view. You show me some proof and we can talk about it. Until then, I accept your admission of having no argument.

And dook for brains has never had an argument, just complaints like an unsatisfied wife.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Penguin wrote:
GoBigGreen wrote:How does it go....oh yeah Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You will never understand and that is ok.
The ramblings of someone in a debate without any facts to back up his point of view. You show me some proof and we can talk about it. Until then, I accept your admission of having no argument.

And dook for brains has never had an argument, just complaints like an unsatisfied wife.
You were shown a example from last season.#1 team in state goes to dutch fork example 2.Dutch fork going to the ville. Predetermined seeding travel is not conducive to the reality of a teams strength.out of conference games should mean something. Travel earn your stripes .or dont and suffer the consequences. This isnt rec ball everyone doesn't get a medal.
Walk the walk .or settle for being a bridesmaid.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

You were shown a example from last season.#1 team in state goes to dutch fork example 2.Dutch fork going to the ville. Predetermined seeding travel is not conducive to the reality of a teams strength.out of conference games should mean something. Travel earn your stripes .or dont and suffer the consequences. This isnt rec ball everyone doesn't get a medal.
Walk the walk .or settle for being a bridesmaid.
The predetermined bracket if the most fair way to decide which #1 seeds play at home and which ones travel. Perhaps you do not understand that these predetermined brackets rotate on a 4 year cycle, assuring every Region of having home field through the semi-finals. Perhaps you just don't understand anything. Devise a better way of doing it. Jerome will gladly take a look at it. Remember this, what you think is fair, may not pass muster as being fair to ALL schools, not just one particular one. 3 decades of use have proven that predetermined bracketing works, is fair to all, and never relies on coin flips, points scored, or points allowed, to determine seeding. But of course, you aren't searching for fair, you are just whining and complaining because Jerome licked all the sugar off of your candy. You are only concerned about what YOU believe to be unfair, and in typical fashion, you whine and complain about something without offering any workable solutions. My daddy always told me never to expect any more from a pig than a grunt.