From Russia with Love

Discussion topics that may not fit in other categories - minimal moderation

Re: From Russia with Love

Postby osu-grad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm

When are the Democrats in congress going to demand the materials the FBI has on their investigation into Trump's involvement with Russia? The Republicans demanded Comey turn over the materials from Clinton's investigation.

Good thing is this story will remain in the news cycle for months.

Intelligence officials to brief Congress on Russian hacking this week

Top U.S. intelligence officials are set to visit Capitol Hill on Thursday and Friday to brief members of Congress in both parties on Russian operations aimed at disrupting the presidential election.

Senators are scheduled to hear from intelligence community leaders on Thursday at 3 p.m., with House members getting their briefing on Friday at 9:15 a.m., according to sources.

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA director John Brennan, and National Security Agency chief Adm. Mike Rogers are slated to brief the Senate, a source told POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/i ... ing-233495
LessThanTolerant wrote:I have a private golf plan through BCBS and I pay for it myself
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 am

osu-grad wrote:What? No tweets from The Orangeman denying allegations that he was compromised by the Russians or his campaign colluded with Russian operatives? Can't wait for Trump news conference tomorrow...

Lawmakers broach possible Trump campaign coordination with Russia

The comments come amid an explosive report about allegations of compromising information on the president-elect.

Members of Congress made clear Tuesday they're increasingly willing to broach a taboo topic: possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Their emboldened approach comes amid a bombshell CNN report that intelligence officials last week presented Trump with alleged claims by Russian operatives that they have compromising information on the president-elect. According to CNN, Trump was also presented with allegations there was an "exchange of information" during the campaign between his surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/t ... ion-233439

No wonder Trump is often seen licking Putin's boots...

How does it feel to get B**ch slapped on national tv guys? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3-3 Stack
No Team Affiliation

Postby osu-grad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:30 pm

If they're going to allow Trump's propaganda minister, Kelleyanne Conway, on their shows then these anchors need to stand up to this woman. Tell Skeleton Barbie that she can either stick to the facts and accept reality or she can go to Faux News where they don't ask real questions.

What a great exchange!

Cooper and Conway clash over CNN's report on Russia briefing

Anderson Cooper on Wednesday night defended CNN's reporting of an intelligence briefing Donald Trump received on Russia against a flurry of attacks by Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, hours after the president-elect accused the network of airing "fake news."

During the heated exchange, Trump's former campaign manager and incoming White House adviser repeatedly conflated CNN’s report on a briefing Trump received by the heads of the CIA, FBI and NSA to BuzzFeed’s publishing of a 35-page report detailing salacious and unverifiable information about the president-elect's activities in Russia, which the CNN anchor pushed back on.

“I’m surprised you're arguing with me. It has not been backed up by credible news sources and you know as well as I do these rumors were running around for months. Every news outlet was chasing these rumors,” Conway said.

“We are not reporting rumors,” Copper replied.

“Anderson, because CNN went first and had this breathless report, everybody said it was a bombshell, Earth shattering report last night—“

“We didn't say it was a bombshell."

“It says right here, Intel chiefs presented Trump with Russian claims of information to compromise him."

“Where's the word bombshell?” Cooper said.

Conway accused CNN of running its story based on anonymous sourcing, referring to CNN’s coverage of classified documents alleging Russian operatives claimed to have compromising information about Trump that CNN reported were presented to the president-elect at the intelligence briefing, a point Conway disputed.

Conway continued to accuse the cable network of reporting on unsubstantiated and inaccurate claims to which Cooper replied that they did not report on the “raw material” contained in the 35-page report published by Buzzfeed.

“CNN is not BuzzFeed. I wish you guys would acknowledge and be straightforward. I get why politically it makes sense for you to link CNN with what BuzzFeed did but as Jake Tapper said on the air, he doesn't approve. He's one of the reporters on this. He doesn't approve of what BuzzFeed did. I would not have dumped all this unsubstantiated allegations. It's unfair.”

“But now that it's out there, CNN is all too happy to refer to it, aren’t you?” Conway said.

“We have not mentioned it on the air or talked about the details on the air,” Cooper said.

“It's on CNN.com. Now you'll get lots of clicks,” Conway said, even though CNN has not published the complete report or linked to BuzzFeed’s story in their online report.

“CNN and BuzzFeed have a lot in common. You both were absolutely convinced and told your viewers that Hillary Clinton would win this election,” Conway said.

“You can’t stick to what we’re talking about now?” Cooper replied.

Conway further questioned CNN’s reason for reporting on the briefing.

“If the four intelligence officials that gave the top secret briefing last week that some fools think they should leak to the media when it's a top secret intelligence briefing for a reason so they we're all protected, everybody, then why according to your own report last night, 'report' used as a loose word here, why do they not tell the president-elect about it? Because your own reporting says that there's no confirmation that they briefed him orally,” Conway said.

“Because if it’s significant enough to be in the briefing documents, then it seems significant,” Cooper argued.

“I know CNN is feeling the heat,” Conway said at one point.

“I think you guys are feeling the heat,” Cooper replied.

“What heat do we feel? That you got this raw information, this complete ridiculous fake news, actually just fake —“ Conway said, before Cooper interrupted her to remind her their reporting had been backed up by “not only multiple sources but other news agencies,” a point Conway disputed.

Earlier at a press conference, Trump refused to take a question from CNN senior White House correspondent Jim Acosta on the Trump transition's pushback on its original report, calling the cable news channel "fake news."

Later on Wednesday night, journalist Carl Bernstein defended his reporting for CNN on the report, calling Conway a "propaganda minister."

"It's time to talk about what we do as journalists and what propaganda ministers do and that is what she is is a propaganda minister. What we've seen here tonight is a deconstruction of the journalistic process. And we did our work and you can deconstruct it and it comes down to, look, the chief officials of the United States intelligence community believed they had something urgent enough to bring to the attention of the president and the president-elect of the united States. That is a story," he said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/a ... ort-233514
LessThanTolerant wrote:I have a private golf plan through BCBS and I pay for it myself
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby thechuckster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Eventually the White House will not allow but a few hand picked news organizations to be feed announcements for their evening news broadcast or cable news programs. When their stocks drop in price because advertisers will not spend their dollars on advertising the shareholders will ask for heads to roll and to find people who are more agreeable to the Trump Presidency.
It is just a matter of time. If I were Trump I would tell my staff to stay away from xyz news until the above described scenario happens.
The news orgs need Trump more than Trump needs them.
thechuckster
No Team Affiliation

Postby osu-grad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 am

thechuckster wrote:Eventually the White House will not allow but a few hand picked news organizations to be feed announcements for their evening news broadcast or cable news programs.

Breitbart, maybe Fox, a new Heritage or Townhall news group... it will be heavily pro-Trump leaning, extreme right wing news sites... only those will a history of skewing the facts.

thechuckster wrote:find people who are more agreeable to the Trump Presidency.
It is just a matter of time. If I were Trump I would tell my staff to stay away from xyz news until the above described scenario happens.

So you think this is a good thing?
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby thechuckster » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 am

I have warned you about selectively choosing quotes and taking them out of context. So here it is again. The most important part you left out..........the shareholders. Liberal or conservative, when they start losing money they'll cause a change. It is a basic human behavior.....greed.

thechuckster wrote:Eventually the White House will not allow but a few hand picked news organizations to be feed announcements for their evening news broadcast or cable news programs. When their stocks drop in price because advertisers will not spend their dollars on advertising the shareholders will ask for heads to roll and to find people who are more agreeable to the Trump Presidency.
The news orgs need Trump more than Trump needs them.
thechuckster
No Team Affiliation

Postby osu-grad » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:03 pm

thechuckster wrote:Liberal or conservative, when they start losing money they'll cause a change. It is a basic human behavior.....greed.

More than half of all voters did not vote for The Orangeman and that makes a fertile market for Independents like me that want straight questions answered in an honest manner. You won't get that from Breitbart so the MSM will continue to be relevant.

Trump comes into office with the highest disapproval rating ever:

Trump:48%
    Obama: 17%
    GW Bush: 26%
    Clinton: 15%
    GH Bush: 6%
    Reagan: 12%
    Carter: 8%
    Nixon: 5%
    Kennedy: 6%
    Ike: 7%
:oops:
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby thechuckster » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:23 pm

osu-grad wrote: .................for Independents like me......................... :

hahahahahahahhahaahhahah! This is the best joke I have heard in a verrrrry long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you think you were going to get straight, truthful answers from the Clinton Gang. Not a chance.

You have to assume, and I am very sorry to have to use that term after lecturing you on it, but you have to assume that every sorry azz politician in DC are going to be lying to you without fail. Its hardwired in their DNA code.

You really need to wake up from your ideal dream.......your dream is not reality and is never going to happen. There isn't but one Truth and you need to seek that out.
thechuckster
No Team Affiliation

Postby cavaliereagle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 pm

3-3 Stack wrote:
osu-grad wrote:What? No tweets from The Orangeman denying allegations that he was compromised by the Russians or his campaign colluded with Russian operatives? Can't wait for Trump news conference tomorrow...

Lawmakers broach possible Trump campaign coordination with Russia

The comments come amid an explosive report about allegations of compromising information on the president-elect.

Members of Congress made clear Tuesday they're increasingly willing to broach a taboo topic: possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Their emboldened approach comes amid a bombshell CNN report that intelligence officials last week presented Trump with alleged claims by Russian operatives that they have compromising information on the president-elect. According to CNN, Trump was also presented with allegations there was an "exchange of information" during the campaign between his surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/t ... ion-233439

No wonder Trump is often seen licking Putin's boots...

How does it feel to get B**ch slapped on national tv guys? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Postby LessThanTolerant » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:14 pm

OMG! osuGrad has another useless delusion.

"President Elect Trump is a puppet of Putin", guess I have to ask, So What? Nonsense like this is simply fodder to feed the delusional liberals grasping for straws to prove Trump should not be President. Um.... Trump won the Electoral Vote, was certified the winner and in just six days will be sworn in as President.

Oh wait! Do the liberals think they can start impeachment proceedings to kick him out? Damn that would be fun to watch.

One really has to enjoy watching the desperate attempts by liberals to delegitimize Trump's Presidency or convince themselves there is hope to somehow regain the Presidency.

Now, let's address approval ratings, liberals love to cite poll numbers which indicate his numbers are low, um.... it seems the poll methodologies and their flaws were explained to osuGrad and his followers already. Polling in predominately liberal urban areas will result in low numbers, because liberals are in hysterical denial that Trump won.

However, if these poor brain dead liberals need to assuage themselves with the delusional straws they have been grasping, guess its Ok as long as they realize its amusing for those of us who use our brains for higher level cognizant thinking.
LessThanTolerant
No Team Affiliation

PreviousNext

Return to The Rubber Room - Society, Politics, Humor, Miscellaneous