Overrated Clemson Loses!!!

Discussion topics that may not fit in other categories - minimal moderation

Re: Overrated Clemson Loses!!!

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Wild Snorlax wrote:
3-3 Stack wrote:
Wild Snorlax wrote:Recruiting is indicative to the incoming talent, nothing else. Clemson, at #13, is pathetic for a Nat'l champion.

Maybe the prospects didn't want all that religion shoved down their throats, you know, "no pray, no play?"

Who knows? :roll:

Really?
http://www.si.com/college-football/2016 ... kings-2016

And how many of these freshmen played? :oops:

I can't count the number of times Fr. right tackle Sean Pollard got burned.

Changing direction or ignoring the response? That was my point to Grad's/your post. Recruiting classes should NOT be a determining factor. If you stay in the top 15, and develop your players, any team can be national powers, as evidenced by this year.
3-3 Stack
No Team Affiliation

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 pm

osu-grad wrote:One title in over 35 years doesn't make a dynasty, therefore Clemson will remain solidly in the 2nd tier schools always looking up to others, like Alabama and OSU, that have earned the respect through decades of winning.

Let's see how well Clemson plays next year after their fortunate group of stars bails to the NFL. Even Dabo's prayers won't do him any good...

Wow, and here I thought only Gamecocks used the "wait until next year" excuse. Ohio State proved that it didn't belong in the playoffs this year.

Like some German car brands, Ohio State's name recognition doesn't translate into quality.

That's the risk of being a so called dynasty....no substance is required behind the famous team name, and that can be pretty embarrassing when everyone finds out.

Anytime the Buckeyes need a reminder of their insignificance, I'm sure that the 2017 CFP National Champion Clemson Tigers would gladly repeat the thrashing delivered on December 31.
“Truth crushed to the earth is truth still and like a seed will rise again”-Jefferson Davis
Veritas
Gaffney Indians

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Ohio State University

Not all idiot's are graduates, but all graduates are idiot's.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Postby osu-grad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

cavaliereagle wrote:Ohio State University

Not all idiot's are graduates, but all graduates are idiot's.

Veritas wrote:I tend to side with folks that are not stupid enough to misspell {"idiots"}
LessThanTolerant wrote:I have a private golf plan through BCBS and I pay for it myself
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby The walking dead » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

I wonder where Hunter Renfrow, the sophomore receiver who caught the winning pass was rated during the recruiting process ? And LB Ben Boulware, who knew the Alabama playbook so well he called out the play comming as soon as he saw the formation; surely he was a 4 * recruit when he came out of high school.

The truth is those tigers spanked all the high priced talent old Urban payed for and poison nut university got humiliated by Clemson.

And when the final gunfight happened, Alabama blinked and Dabo and the Tigers scored a bullseye.
The walking dead
No Team Affiliation

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 pm

The walking dead wrote:I wonder where Hunter Renfrow, the sophomore receiver who caught the winning pass was rated during the recruiting process ? And LB Ben Boulware, who knew the Alabama playbook so well he called out the play comming as soon as he saw the formation; surely he was a 4 * recruit when he came out of high school.

The truth is those tigers spanked all the high priced talent old Urban payed for and poison nut university got humiliated by Clemson.

And when the final gunfight happened, Alabama blinked and Dabo and the Tigers scored a bullseye.

I just can't imagine how embarrassed osu-grad must be after getting bum rushed 31-0 by the overrated national champs. His team really embarrassed him after he ran his goober gobbler.
cavaliereagle

Postby thechuckster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

osu-grad wrote:"Overrated Clemson..."

We always knew Clemson was a flash in the pan. Looks like their recruiting efforts are going to put them at a disadvantage for years to come.

Latest 2017 College Football Recruiting Composite Team Rankings

A total of 12 players announced their commitments at the Under Armour All-America Game and the U.S. Army All-American Bowl over the last two weekends — along with a number of other announcements.

Here are the latest USA TODAY High School Sports’ Composite Team Football Recruiting Rankings for the Class of 2017.

The composite represents an average of the rankings by the four major recruiting services: 247Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout. All rankings went to Top 50, except ESPN, which is Top 40. Teams not ranked in ESPN’s Top 40 received a 41; teams not ranked in the other rankings received a 51.

Alabama is a unanimous No. 1 with Georgia retaining the No. 2 spot over Ohio State. The addition of five-star cornerback Darnay Holmes, four-star athlete Rayhme Johnson and three-star defensive tackle Martin Andrus pushed UCLA into the rankings. Stanford also surged with the addition of five-star offensive tackle Foster Sarell, who is considered among the top 5 prospects in the class.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/latest-2017 ... m-rankings

"All lies!"

I will take all the 2 and 3 star rated players cause they all have a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. When mix all those number 1's with each other and some have to sit...........they usually leave to go play to be seen playing elsewhere. The old adage is this.....it is not where(location) you play but getting playing time. They have 2-3 years to audition for the NFL and for most players that is 30-33 games. Sitting on the sidelines doesn't do your skill level justice.
So bring the 'little bit better' than average player with a good work ethic and the desire to learn and they will be turned into winners..........everytime. Just like Refrow who wasn't a rated player 5'8" 170 with only one offer App State. Walked onto Clemson...........look what happened.
thechuckster
No Team Affiliation

Postby osu-grad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Yeah, Clemson gets 2 and 3 star players because they don't want 4 and 5 star players. Dabo knows they're just too difficult to force Southern Baptist ideology upon.
LessThanTolerant wrote:I have a private golf plan through BCBS and I pay for it myself
osu-grad
Byrnes Rebels

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 pm

osu-grad wrote:Yeah, Clemson gets 2 and 3 star players because they don't want 4 and 5 star players. Dabo knows they're just too difficult to force Southern Baptist ideology upon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 4 and 5 star players aren't religious...Another stupid post! :lol:
cavaliereagle

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:59 am

Wild Snorlax wrote:You and Dabo have the same problem as all 2nd tier teams, that is, looking backwards.
    Yeah.. I see how it can be embarrassing for OSU to look back at their New Year's Eve loss.
    Wild Snorlax wrote: No one can see Clemson winning another title again for decades.
      A sore loser would say that after Clemson gave OSU it's worst loss in decades.
        It was brutal for Ohio State for many reasons — the complete lack of offensive punch, the inability to slow down Clemson’s attack, the inevitable criticism to come over a team that didn’t even win its own division making the playoff and then playing so poorly. But here’s a stat that is especially eye-catching: It’s the first time the Buckeyes have been shut out since 1993. First time for Urban Meyer since: EVER!
          http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ohio-state-fiesta-bowl-shutout-worst-loss-since-1993-clemson-123116

Wild Snorlax wrote:Clemson... most classless fans anywhere!
            Didn't YOU.. (snorlax/osu-grad) start this forum thread to take a jab at Clemson.
              Overrated Clemson Loses!!! Postby osu-grad » Sat Nov 12, 2016 http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3076
                That jab didn't turn out too well did it, especially after Clemson delivered OSU the knock out punch.
                Image National Champions
                1 CAT FAN
                Dillon Wildcats

PreviousNext

Return to The Rubber Room - Society, Politics, Humor, Miscellaneous