New charter school in Rock Hill may impact sports

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

New charter school in Rock Hill may impact sports

Post by trojangrad78 »

I am wondering what the impact will be on the sports programs at the public schools? This is interesting.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/ ... 59329.html

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: New charter school in Rock Hill may impact sports

Post by mikey »

Do u know what sports Legion will be offering ? I sorta like the concept, but something to be said about playing for the home team?.win or lose...got a niece who is homeschooled in an association which is sorta like charter school but has baptist tint...they do a lot of class work at the college level but she plays soccer for Indian Land where she lives...I like that...as long as the academic rules remain high and are ahered too..something needs to change in the way we go about educating kids these days..one of them being discipline or routine..maybe public schools should look at the approach....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: New charter school in Rock Hill may impact sports

Post by SF Band dad »

"...about half of Gray's students play a sport, according to Corley and Gray's principal Brian Newsome. About half of Gray's senior student-athletes received a scholarship to play in college, Newsome said."

Gray's enrollment was 411 last year, half play a sport and half of their senior student athletes received a scholarship to play in college. So, as a rough guess (411 divided by 4, divided by 2, divided by 2...) about 25 of their seniors received athletic scholarships. How many other high schools in Richland/Lexington county can make that claim? It may not have a huge affect on football but I'm sure that other sports are seeing the impact of Gray/Oceanside.