New Realignment changes, I don't get it

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: New Realignment changes, I don't get it

Post by SF Band dad »

EHSMeanGreen wrote: 1. count the first 45 days enrollment numbers instead of 135 day
"IF" I am following this correctly.....the count for the 2020-22 realignment will occur on the 45th day during the fall of 2019 (2019-20 school year),
instead of during the spring of 2019 (2018-19 school year-135th day).

2. Only count students in grades 9-11 instead of 9-12
Change #2 means that the SCHSL is no longer counting the senior class that wouldn't be part of the participants in the future.

The previous system used for the count was actually counting 2 classes (the 11th and 12th graders) that wouldn't be part of the pool of participants at the schools during the alignment and now the new system introduces the 9th graders who will be part of the pool. These changes "should" more closely reflect the school sizes for the actual realignment.

3. SCHSL will determine region and classification placement
No change.

The main drawback is that it reduces the time table for Regions and AD's to make out their future schedules.

Hope this helps explain it....
It also reduces the time available for schools to appeal or file lawsuits.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I still don't understand why the changes is it because the schsl got embarrassed last season with the way they handled things with the union deal? If they go by the 45 day enrollment numbers that will make the numbers bigger than what they really are won't they

OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Post by OLDFART51 »

racincowboy02 wrote:I still don't understand why the changes is it because the schsl got embarrassed last season with the way they handled things with the union deal? If they go by the 45 day enrollment numbers that will make the numbers bigger than what they really are won't they
You guest it. May bite them in the butt. Union numbers will also be larger.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

racincowboy02 wrote:I still don't understand why the changes is it because the schsl got embarrassed last season with the way they handled things with the union deal? If they go by the 45 day enrollment numbers that will make the numbers bigger than what they really are won't they
No, the previous method counted juniors and seniors that would be gone by the time the realignment took effect. This method will be more accurate since they no longer count seniors that won't be there, and by delaying the count from the spring to the fall they capture the 9th graders that have moved up. The catch is they have less time to get everything done.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Oh ok I guess that makes sense but the numbers from 45 to 135 will still be higher

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

guess I'm also wondering how the regions/classifications WOULD HAVE BEEN different under this new system. The article I read said that no Chester county teams would have been in different regions or classifications under these new rules

wondering how this is major