OT: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Post by cavaliereagle »

#1cyclonefan wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:
#1cyclonefan wrote:As a former dirt racer myself I also love this time of the year. You haven’t been to a real race until you have dirt in your beer.
Did you race at the Chester track?
I raced at a lot of tracks around N.C and S.C but Chester was my home track. If they were still racing at Chester I would probably still be racing.
One of my cousins raced at Chester. I'll pm you to see if you knew him.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

PMK47
Buford Yellow Jackets

Post by PMK47 »

uh oh, we are on here talking about Dirt Track Racing? Heck yeah. I help run/promote Lancaster Motor Speedway in Lancaster, South Carolina. I am 28 now been doing this since I was 16 years old, I do articles in the newspaper and I promote for them on social media such as facebook, twitter and etc..... I also go to other tracks and do articles on them when Lancaster is not racing, been going to go kart tracks this winter doing articles. Lancaster car show/open practice is March 9th and our first race on the year will be March 15th and 16th. Headline by the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series $5,000 to win, SECA Crate Late Models $1,000 both nights and Thunder Bomber paying $2,500 to win. Dang I am glad to see Dirt track racing on here!

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

I lost interest in Lancaster Speedway about 25 years ago. I need to go see if it's gotten good there again. I honestly don't even remember what I didn't like. I love that entire part of the state. Beautiful land and really good people.

PMK47
Buford Yellow Jackets

Post by PMK47 »

Eagle it is under new ownership now, Brandy Baker bought it. We have a very good schedule this year headline by the World Of Outlaw Super Late Model Series coming June 1st.

By the way was you at Buford vs Pageland football game this year?

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

PMK47 wrote:Eagle it is under new ownership now, Brandy Baker bought it. We have a very good schedule this year headline by the World Of Outlaw Super Late Model Series coming June 1st.

By the way was you at Buford vs Pageland football game this year?
Haven't been to a game in a couple of years now. Too many health issues. I haven't seen Brandy in a number of years now. Is he still logging as well? That's one man that loves to party. He's a pretty good fellow though.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Brandy Baker bought Lancaster that is awesome, Didn't he used to race around this area and maybe sometimes at Cherokee in the limited sportsman division back in the 90s and early 2000s

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

racincowboy02 wrote:Brandy Baker bought Lancaster that is awesome, Didn't he used to race around this area and maybe sometimes at Cherokee in the limited sportsman division back in the 90s and early 2000s
Yes, one of my sons told me he still sometimes races. His boys also race.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. Seems like if I remember right he drove a #17

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

racincowboy02 wrote:Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. Seems like if I remember right he drove a #17
Not sure, but he now has a few different ones. I wouldn't want to race at a track where one of the owners was a driver though.

PMK47
Buford Yellow Jackets

Post by PMK47 »

Yes Brandy Baker bought Lancaster Motor Speedway..... Yes Brandy Baker still races at Lancaster in Crate Late Model, Super Stock and Renegade. There was no problem with him and the other drivers with Brandy still racing while owning the race track though, they are respected it. Baker even took victory lane pictures with drivers last year, Baker might own the track but he does that run it. That is Shannon Munn, Eric Caskey and myself that does that. Brandy has a son named Andrew Baker who races in the Renegade Division, his son is one of the best in the Carolina's, wins every where he goes. Brandy Baker bought it last year from previous owner Doug McManus, if Baker would not have bought it then a housing development would have gotten it. Last year we had our best year in 10 years. My dad memorial race the Phillip Knight Memorial drew over 4,500 fans combine in the pits and stands and over 135 race cars to Lancaster last June. That was the record for the new owner so far, fans and drivers hardly complain last year. There was alot and i mean alot of big money races for all divisions last year and this year will only get better.