*^POLL*^ Are Offenses Slowing Down?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Is the Hurry Up Fast Break Offense Starting To Fade?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

No
50%
Yes
50%
Too Many defensive minded rule changes has caused a slow down
No votes

Total votes: 2

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

*^POLL*^ Are Offenses Slowing Down?

Post by 5thqtr »

http://www.startribune.com/slow-down-fa ... 490163701/

Are offenses slowing down or has the defense caught up with the "HUNH" offense?

I think it's a mixture of both: when teams 1st start playing fast; DC's were scrambling trying to find solutions. Even if they had a game plan; if they (big key) didn't practice a certain way often their players were sucking wind by the 2nd qtr. Better prep with scout teams, better conditioning drills, more multiple defenders have all contributed to a bit of a slow down!
Plus, many teams who tried it and were not getting 1st downs found out quick; "it's a real blow to your defense if the offense does not possess the football long and they have to trot right back out"! Those are my thoughts: what are yours?

:)
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: *^POLL*^ Are Offenses Slowing Down?

Post by Wildstallion2 »

5thqtr, I think that size is the big thing now and not speed, you have to have good athletics with speed to run a hurry up offense, and a lot of those big guys can't hang for long with the hurry up offense. I like to watch a team go hurry up offense in the fourth quarter when the others teams defense is starting to slow done and get tired. Another thing is that a lot times when a team goes to hurry up offense they start making mistakes like fumbles and interceptions, I see this a lot when one team that has practiced hurry up offense and their opponent tries to match their speed, they start making a lot of mistakes.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

WS2 - How did our scrimmage w/Mauldin go? Have you heard?
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

It was very Vanilla.
Mauldin Head Football Coach Harry Cabaniss said: Thanks @coachherron for letting us come up and get great work in this morning. Good luck this season and go win another!!!