Greenwood / Byrnes scrimmage

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Greenwood / Byrnes scrimmage

Post by Chief Whoa »

Did any of you dudes go tonight?
281 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood / Byrnes scrimmage

Post by StateChampsGHS »

28 to 7 Byrnes....I didn't go but a friend told me.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Byrnes is quick on defense as usual. The starting qb did not play, nor did some defensive starters as well for Byrnes. Not sure what to think of the scrimmage. Thought Gwood was gonna be really solid this year and they may be, so that may be a good sign for the Rebs.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:Byrnes is quick on defense as usual. The starting qb did not play, nor did some defensive starters as well for Byrnes. Not sure what to think of the scrimmage. Thought Gwood was gonna be really solid this year and they may be, so that may be a good sign for the Rebs.
I went. We didn't look too good and the coach agreed. Hopefully they'll figure some things out.

Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Post by Chief Whoa »

StateChampsGHS wrote:28 to 7 Byrnes....I didn't go but a friend told me.
I was expecting a low scoring game Week 1, it sounds like you guys and us may be tinkering on some things because both teams are supposed to return strong defenses.
281 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Chief Whoa wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:28 to 7 Byrnes....I didn't go but a friend told me.
I was expecting a low scoring game Week 1, it sounds like you guys and us may be tinkering on some things because both teams are supposed to return strong defenses.
They were shuffling folks around on all levels and he really only ran simple read option plays. I saw about 3 passes during the time I was there. There were many more passes in a previous scrimmage. Lately we haven't done well in preseason over the last few years. I guess I'll have to wait until the first true game to make a judgement.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Hopefully, they will have everybody in their right position before they play South Aiken.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012