Spring Valley @ Dutch Fork Predictions

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Spring Valley @ Dutch Fork Predictions

Post by Silverfox92 »

The Silver Foxes are hungry to show everyone what they have this year! The Mallard Creek game would have been a good indicator of how good the foxes really are but Spring Valley is no slouch! The Vikings are usually good on defense and run the Georgia Tech Triple option on Offense. They have to replace some pieces, like quarterback Quincy Hill but they are ranked in every top ten poll so they can’t be taken lightly. One thing for sure TK will have his guys prepared and focused on the next mission. The MC mishap is behind us.

Dutch Fork- 45

Spring Valley-24

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Re: Spring Valley @ Dutch Fork Predictions

Post by bbrown1240 »

At least Jalin Hyatt got an extra week to heal from his injury.

DF 35 - Valley 21

This will probably be a “worse than the score appears” type of game. I think Valley gets a couple of touchdowns late.

The “story” here will be DF’s offense vs the Spring Valley defense with one of the best secondaries in the state with two D1 commits and another getting looks. I think DF will have much success in the running game though with Kam Stewart and Isaiah Wright leading the way on the offensive line. IF...and I do mean IF...DF has a weakness, it’s on defense, but having freak athletes along with probably the best defensive coordinator in the state will negate a lot of mistakes, not to mention an unproven Spring Valley offense.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

bbrown1240 wrote:At least Jalin Hyatt got an extra week to heal from his injury.

DF 35 - Valley 21

This will probably be a “worse than the score appears” type of game. I think Valley gets a couple of touchdowns late.

The “story” here will be DF’s offense vs the Spring Valley defense with one of the best secondaries in the state with two D1 commits and another getting looks. I think DF will have much success in the running game though with Kam Stewart and Isaiah Wright leading the way on the offensive line. IF...and I do mean IF...DF has a weakness, it’s on defense, but having freak athletes along with probably the best defensive coordinator in the state will negate a lot of mistakes, not to mention an unproven Spring Valley offense.
I think we can score more than 35 on them. We scored 34 last year. We have more weapons on offense this year, than we had a year ago. Ron Hoff and Jon Hall should have big yards in the ground game. I think the Vikes will miss Tindall in the middle. He was a big piece to that defense last year. Gage Zirke and Jailin should have big games as well. Akele Pauling and Jaylen Geiger are tough but those two will be a tough cover for anyone. Defensively I expect us to dominate with swarming defense on that triple option attack. Commander, Ryan, Kendrick Allen and Jamal Walker will lead the way. The atmosphere for this game will be crazy. I can’t wait!

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Df42 sv17.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Fortfor5 wrote:Df42 sv17.
I like that prediction fort. Who do you guys have this week? I’ll be interested to see who wins the game between you all and Berkeley. Depending who DF plays that week it’s possible I may take a drive down to watch.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Cane bay

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Fortfor5 wrote:Cane bay
Good luck!!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Silverfox92 wrote:The Silver Foxes are hungry to show everyone what they have this year! The Mallard Creek game would have been a good indicator of how good the foxes really are but Spring Valley is no slouch!
SV has had some really good teams in recent years. 11-2 last year and 12-1 in 2013.
2 of the 3 losses in those 2 seasons were to Tom Knotts and Dutch Fork.

I'm not sure if people in the upstate realize just how good Spring Valley has been.
Their best teams have been overshadowed by Dutch Fork.

The 2013 quarterfinals playoff game must have been a nail biter.
:arrow: Highlights
31-28 Double overtime win for Dutch Fork over an undefeated Spring Valley team.
:arrow: Game winning Field Goal

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Silverfox92 wrote:The Silver Foxes are hungry to show everyone what they have this year! The Mallard Creek game would have been a good indicator of how good the foxes really are but Spring Valley is no slouch!
SV has had some really good teams in recent years. 11-2 last year and 12-1 in 2013.
2 of the 3 losses in those 2 seasons were to Tom Knotts and Dutch Fork.

I'm not sure if people in the upstate realize just how good Spring Valley has been.
Their best teams have been overshadowed by Dutch Fork.

The 2013 quarterfinals playoff game must have been a nail biter.
:arrow: Highlights
31-28 Double overtime win for Dutch Fork over an undefeated Spring Valley team.
:arrow: Game winning Field Goal
Yes I remember that game very well! That was SV best year in football and I felt like they would have made it to the championship if DF didn’t beat them. I think they will have a solid squad this year as well, I just don’t think they are in the same league as DF.

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Post by Dave Pickren »

In South Carolina to gain respect for your program in 4A / 5A you have to do 2 things.

1) Win games in November against good teams.

2) Win games in November against an Upper State Team

Dutch Fork was not respected until they came to Byrnes in the playoffs and MC ran the ball down the Rebels throat and beat Byrnes. You have to find a statement win and Spring Valley has NEVER had one.