Legit question

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Legit question

Post by Fortfor5 »

I have been at games that the team is on offense and their own band starts blasting as hard as they can.this is insane to me.
why would you want to prevent your own team from hearing the snap count clearly. it doesn't make sense to me.am I wrong.id have my foot up that directors butt if i was coaching.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: Legit question

Post by CITYSLICKER »

WILL IS IT ALRIGHT TO PLAY WHEN THE OTHER TEAM HAS THE BALL, I SAY NO.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

I say yes. It would be almost telling the fans to be silent when the other team has the ball and not be rowdy

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Go to a game with a school that has a show band (ex. Crestwood / WJ Keenan...you can look them up on YouTube) as opposed to a traditional marching band and you will see it a lot more often. Do I think it’s crazy...yes...but being a former player...crowd noise doesn’t bother the players on the field so much. If it does then they shouldn’t be on the field.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

bbrown1240 wrote:Go to a game with a school that has a show band (ex. Crestwood / WJ Keenan...you can look them up on YouTube) as opposed to a traditional marching band and you will see it a lot more often. Do I think it’s crazy...yes...but being a former player...crowd noise doesn’t bother the players on the field so much. If it does then they shouldn’t be on the field.
that's true but why take the chance.i have seen linemen jump kickers flub kicks from sideline crowd noise.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Our band used to play during both, it never bothered our team until we played at Lake City several years ago. In Lake City the small visitor stands are about 15 feet from the sideline and elevated so your view of the field isn't totally blocked by your team. The band took up one whole section at the south end which was around the 30 yd line. When our offense was headed south our coaches ended up right in front of the band and they couldn't hear anything in their headsets. They asked the band director not to play during offense and I don't think they ever have again.