Hartsville 31, South Florence 12

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Staff Reports - SCNow.com & The Hartsville Messenger

HARTSVILLE, S.C. – The Hartsville Red Foxes scored 17 unanswered points – two touchdowns and a rare field goal – in the first half Friday night in their home opener against the South Florence Bruins and never looked back for a 31-12 win.

< Excerpt - a short game summary is available at the headline link >

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Hartsville 31, South Florence 12

Post by SF Band dad »

Our defense is stout, I doubt there are many teams that will hold Hartsville's offense to 3 TDs this year. Their performance is even more impressive when you consider the great field position our offense and punting team kept giving to the Red Foxes.

On the other hand there's our offense which gave up as many touchdowns as they scored. Our sophomore QB continues to improve. He's very athletic but there were some missed opportunities and our playbook stills seems pretty thin. The Red Foxes' defense may be one of the best we'll face in the regular season and it's still early, so I'm optimistic.

Punting team. I lost count of how many times our punter had to field a bouncing and rolling long snap. On the first occurance the punter couldn't get the kick away and the Foxes had a very short field for their first score. Other times the kick was rushed resulting in great field position for Hartsville all night. I heard this was a problem area identified during the scrimmages and jamborees. It's disappointing to see it's still a problem in our 2nd game.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Sure wish Dillon had Hartsville on it's schedule, all Dillon has is open dates. :(
    Why come South Florence dosen't schedule Dillon any more, it's a very short drive.
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Silverfox92
    Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Sure wish Dillon had Hartsville on it's schedule, all Dillon has is open dates. :(
      Why come South Florence dosen't schedule Dillon any more, it's a very short drive.
      Maybe they’re afraid?

Fortfan2k
      Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Its possible. It be nice to see dillon and Dutch fork tangle. See how they stack up. I prefer playing the Wildcats than to play james island