Greenwood pulls away from South Aiken

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

By Eric Russell erussell@aikenstandard.com Aug 17, 2018
:arrow: https://www.aikenstandard.com/sports/gr ... 7595f.html

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: Greenwood pulls away from South Aiken

Post by SCPrepTalk »

WATCH: The Aiken Standard Game of the Week: South Aiken vs. Greenwood
Eric Russell Aug 17, 2018
:arrow: https://www.aikenstandard.com/sports/wa ... c2d6d.html

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

While I feel that we left 2 tds on the field and gave one away with the muffed punt, which gave SA momentum in the 2nd quarter; the coaches did a good job overall preparing the kids and calling plays. The effort was much better and it paid off. SA should do well. The SA qb is a baller. I can see him doing big things in the future. It gets no easier as the loaded Gaffney Indians come to town. All I want to see is the whole team from top to bottom give there best effort and we'll see what happens. Can't ask for more than that.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

eagle93 wrote:While I feel that we left 2 tds on the field and gave one away with the muffed punt, which gave SA momentum in the 2nd quarter; the coaches did a good job overall preparing the kids and calling plays. The effort was much better and it paid off. SA should do well. The SA qb is a baller. I can see him doing big things in the future. It gets no easier as the loaded Gaffney Indians come to town. All I want to see is the whole team from top to bottom give there best effort and we'll see what happens. Can't ask for more than that.
I agree. It seems like when we got ahead by two scores the play calling got extremely conservative. Other than that, Pippin called a good game. I was happy to see our D line get pressure and make plays late which means the coaches have done well with conditioning. I know we're young but we'll have to really get after it if we plan on winning next week. Keep working hard eagles.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
eagle93 wrote:While I feel that we left 2 tds on the field and gave one away with the muffed punt, which gave SA momentum in the 2nd quarter; the coaches did a good job overall preparing the kids and calling plays. The effort was much better and it paid off. SA should do well. The SA qb is a baller. I can see him doing big things in the future. It gets no easier as the loaded Gaffney Indians come to town. All I want to see is the whole team from top to bottom give there best effort and we'll see what happens. Can't ask for more than that.
I agree. It seems like when we got ahead by two scores the play calling got extremely conservative. Other than that, Pippin called a good game. I was happy to see our D line get pressure and make plays late which means the coaches have done well with conditioning. I know we're young but we'll have to really get after it if we plan on winning next week. Keep working hard eagles.
Yes. I just tell him as long as he feels like he and his team have given their best effort, I can't complain. He seemed very receptive to that comment. They are a young team. Their best will be required to sustain success. He has a great group of kids though. Great attitudes. It was good to see them use different players and do different things.