CEDAR GROVE FROM GA SPANKS THE WAVE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

CEDAR GROVE FROM GA SPANKS THE WAVE

Post by CITYSLICKER »

SORRY PERFORMANCE FROM A SORRY TEAM.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Re: CEDAR GROVE FROM GA SPANKS THE WAVE

Post by Fortfor5 »

Cedar grove didnt look good just big.the wave looked worse.
poor play calling .QB was in trouble all game .play didnt work 6 times hell let's try it again.slick I have to agree the mighty greenwave is done .

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Really WaveFan70s??? We are done??? 1st game of the year against a very talented team from Georgia. Our D stepped up in the 2nd half only allowing 3 first downs. Offensively, we had a lot of trouble giving Bennett any time in the pocket. He basically had to get rid of the ball within 1-2 secs or he was going to get sacked. The linebackers were fast and quick so trying to run sweeps was not working. We had no time to go deep due to the pressure. This allowed their DBs to play very tight knowing if a ball was coming it would be quick. Trying to run up the middle was ineffective due to their D-Line which had to average well over 300 lbs. In short, we just played a team that was physically superior to the players we had on the field. They reminded me of the Booker T Washington team we played 10 years back from Florida.

So to say we are done is very premature. Summerville will be fine. I am very interested to see how we do this week against Wando...

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

I wish i could had seen the game but decided to make my road trip to the fort game a weekend affair. Georgia always has athletes. Glynn Academy was no exception. They were stout and fast on defense. We won't see a team as fast as Glynn all year in the regular season

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

WE ARE GOING GREEN WEENIES, THE DEER ARE NEAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

GoBigGreen wrote:Really WaveFan70s??? We are done??? 1st game of the year against a very talented team from Georgia. Our D stepped up in the 2nd half only allowing 3 first downs. Offensively, we had a lot of trouble giving Bennett any time in the pocket. He basically had to get rid of the ball within 1-2 secs or he was going to get sacked. The linebackers were fast and quick so trying to run sweeps was not working. We had no time to go deep due to the pressure. This allowed their DBs to play very tight knowing if a ball was coming it would be quick. Trying to run up the middle was ineffective due to their D-Line which had to average well over 300 lbs. In short, we just played a team that was physically superior to the players we had on the field. They reminded me of the Booker T Washington team we played 10 years back from Florida.
So to say we are done is very premature. Summerville will be fine. I am very interested to see how we do this week against Wando...
We never doubled any of their front 4 or 3 depending on the set.
we ran up the middle multiple times after it didnt work like we have the last two years.god bless the QB didnt get injured.
I do not believe that team was near as good as Booker t.bokker had at least 3 guys that ran sub 4.4 .ville team that year would beat cedar grove .
I believe the wave has talent to play good ball .I do not believe in the leadership.new blood is needed.the ville has great athletes.
it only took one call that's all.pun intended.
if they aren't careful it will turn into a dumpster fire.wholesale change is needed to bring home championships.
this is not based off of one game.a few seasons of the same plays that dont work.what would a reedy or Bentley or Miller do with that team .be a contender top 4 at worst.

wave 80
Summerville Green Wave

Post by wave 80 »

The Wave defense got off to a poor start but got better as the day went on and showed that they could be tough to score points on as the season goes. And all the talk of the D1 players why are #40 and #21 for Summerville not getting put in the consideration ?
Where are the college recruiters ?
Now as for the wave offense ....We have a new O Coordinator and this team only had 6 qtrs of scrimmage time so it's hard to throw him under the Bus yet ...but if this wave team is going to be successful this year they are going to have to develop a passing game
Because Bennett running the ball every other down will spell doom as the season progresses..
The positive thing is the kids played hard and didn't quit. And to my knowledge no one got hurt.
And Cedar Grove had a big,fast and good ballclub...

Go Wave.
GO WAVE

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

PAPA, WHO YOU KIDDING, WE ALL KNOW JOE CALL IS CALLING THE OFFENSE, BETTER HOLD ON, NOTHING RUNS FASTER THAN A DEER. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

wave 80 wrote:The Wave defense got off to a poor start but got better as the day went on and showed that they could be tough to score points on as the season goes. And all the talk of the D1 players why are #40 and #21 for Summerville not getting put in the consideration ?
Where are the college recruiters ?
Now as for the wave offense ....We have a new O Coordinator and this team only had 6 qtrs of scrimmage time so it's hard to throw him under the Bus yet ...but if this wave team is going to be successful this year they are going to have to develop a passing game
Because Bennett running the ball every other down will spell doom as the season progresses..
The positive thing is the kids played hard and didn't quit. And to my knowledge no one got hurt.
And Cedar Grove had a big,fast and good ballclub...

Go Wave.
40 and 21 played well.