Explosive T.L. Hanna dominates Emerald 47-7 at Frank Hill St

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Explosive T.L. Hanna dominates Emerald 47-7 at Frank Hill St

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Explosive T.L. Hanna dominates Emerald 47-7 at Frank Hil

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Holy Cow...those are some crazy rushing stats for Hanna.

Didn't see TL Hanna QB Alex Meredith's name listed in the box score?
Injury? :?:

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

I don’t see T.L. Hanna as a legitimate threat to stop Dorman or Gaffney in the playoffs. One of those two teams will match up with Dutch Fork in Columbia. This is, of course, one man’s opinion of the most likely scenario. In reality, many things can happen.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:I don’t see T.L. Hanna as a legitimate threat to stop Dorman or Gaffney in the playoffs. One of those two teams will match up with Dutch Fork in Columbia.
Why is that? T.L. Hanna is said to have the best defense in the state (that’s what I was told). They supposedly dominated emerald and are now ranked #1 in the state by Maxpreps. I also think Byrnes and Boiling Springs has pretty good squads as well. Too early to say Dorman and Gaffney will be the teams to beat. Gaffney struggled offensively against Greenwood and Dorman basically had a practice exhibition against Wade Hampton.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Because I just don’t believe in Radio’s little team. They have never come close to beating Dorman. Dorman is 6-0 against Hanna outscoring them 237-37 combined in the six games, average of over 33 points per game. Besides, Dorman and Gaffney both return most of the teams that met for the upper state title last year, so there’s no reason to think these teams won’t meet for that title again. Hanna proved to be a fraud last year when they were overrated and overhyped and made an earlier than expected playoff exit I think history will repeat itself. Hanna’s overall schedule isn’t very tough since their region is so weak; only Greenwood could possibly challenge them, but these aren’t exactly your father’s or grandfather’s Eagles anymore so they might not either). So Hanna will look tremendous all during the regular season...but the playoffs will expose them...again.

Once again this is just one man’s opinion, but I am going to stand by this no matter how awesome Hanna looks in the regular season. They can prove me wrong in the playoffs. But I can tell you that Hanna victories over Dorman are extremely rare...in ANY sport, and that includes cheerleading and marching band! Even our nerds are better than their nerds- our academic, Science Olympiad, chess, and debate teams kick their butts! I should know...I was once one of those nerds administering some of those butt-kickings!

Besides, Dorman, Gaffney, Byrnes, Spartanburg, Boiling Springs...we’re now the cool kids of Upstate 5A football. We belong to the cool region, Region 2. Hanna is an outsider trying to break into our clique. We don’ t want them in there! Let them keep their corny Radio movie as their main claim to fame!

In case you haven’t realized it yet, this whole post is mostly a joke. I just want to give Hanna grief because their success is so new. Their program was an afterthought for so long. But they actually have an excellent team now that you have to respect and be wary of. But I still think Dorman and Gaffney are better and that is no joke.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:Because I just don’t believe in Radio’s little team. They have never come close to beating Dorman. Dorman is 6-0 against Hanna outscoring them 237-37 combined in the six games, average of over 33 points per game. Besides, Dorman and Gaffney both return most of the teams that met for the upper state title last year, so there’s no reason to think these teams won’t meet for that title again. Hanna proved to be a fraud last year when they were overrated and overhyped and made an earlier than expected playoff exit I think history will repeat itself. Hanna’s overall schedule isn’t very tough since their region is so weak; only Greenwood could possibly challenge them, but these aren’t exactly your father’s or grandfather’s Eagles anymore so they might not either). So Hanna will look tremendous all during the regular season...but the playoffs will expose them...again.

Once again this is just one man’s opinion, but I am going to stand by this no matter how awesome Hanna looks in the regular season. They can prove me wrong in the playoffs. But I can tell you that Hanna victories over Dorman are extremely rare...in ANY sport, and that includes cheerleading and marching band! Even our nerds are better than their nerds- our academic, Science Olympiad, chess, and debate teams kick their butts! I should know...I was once one of those nerds administering some of those butt-kickings!

Besides, Dorman, Gaffney, Byrnes, Spartanburg, Boiling Springs...we’re now the cool kids of Upstate 5A football. We belong to the cool region, Region 2. Hanna is an outsider trying to break into our clique. We don’ t want them in there! Let them keep their corny Radio movie as their main claim to fame!

In case you haven’t realized it yet, this whole post is mostly a joke. I just want to give Hanna grief because their success is so new. Their program was an afterthought for so long. But they actually have an excellent team now that you have to respect and be wary of. But I still think Dorman and Gaffney are better and that is no joke.
I guess we will have to see. It’s a new year so anything can happen. I’m not sure their wing T will beat solid teams in the playoffs but they could go far. This is certainly a topic we will be having in late November

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

NuclearCav90 wrote:In case you haven’t realized it yet, this whole post is mostly a joke.....
:o :o :lol: Dang! Good rant.

Correct spelling, punctuation, use of paragraphs.... welcome to the board!! :ugeek:

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Lol, Dorman hasn't had to play TL Hanna the way they are now. Hanna beat Gaffney last year. There's a good chance we'll see one of those 2 matchups this year. Both Hanna/dorman and Hanna/Gaffney would great games I think.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Silverfox92 wrote:
NuclearCav90 wrote:I don’t see T.L. Hanna as a legitimate threat to stop Dorman or Gaffney in the playoffs. One of those two teams will match up with Dutch Fork in Columbia.
Why is that? T.L. Hanna is said to have the best defense in the state (that’s what I was told). They supposedly dominated emerald and are now ranked #1 in the state by Maxpreps. I also think Byrnes and Boiling Springs has pretty good squads as well. Too early to say Dorman and Gaffney will be the teams to beat. Gaffney struggled offensively against Greenwood and Dorman basically had a practice exhibition against Wade Hampton.
Greenwood actually has a pretty good defense. They laid it all on the field. The problem was offense for Greenwood. Way too many mistakes and the play calling just wasn't great. Once we get our coach to believe he can beat these types of teams will be really good I think. Just lacks confidence I believe. I can tell by what is said, "win or lose this is a non-region game" and stuff like "I do believe they were ranked No. 3 in 5A". Stuff like that. No, you lay it on the line every time. That's how you reach the ultimate goal. We have to get back to that.