Clemson lands Nation's #1 QB & #2 RB & #1 DE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Clemson lands Nation's #1 QB & #2 RB & #1 DE

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

“I knew it when I was out there last June.” Five-Star quarterback DJ Uiagalelei of Bellflower (CA) John Bosco committed to Clemson Sunday afternoon. Uiagalelei says he loves the fact that the Clemson coaches aren’t’ afraid to show their religious side. ” No, it’s been the same feeling that I had in June. For me, the first time I was out there and being able to see college coaches talk about Jesus Christ, that was huge for me” he said. “Seeing that, I knew this was the place I wanted to be. The people here talk about Jesus, and they’re being open about it. That was a big thing for me because I had never heard that from a coaching staff or coaches before talk about Jesus Christ and just being open about it and showing their faith. I could just feel the Holy Spirit talking to me and telling me this is the place I need to be.”
    I like this young man already.
      https://www.tigernet.com/story/Clemson- ... June-17856
        "Lakeland (Fla.) running back Demarkcus Bowman continued Clemson’s 5-star run with a commitment Friday.
        Bowman named Clemson his leader in March while the majority of his projections on 247Sports’ Crystal Ball were to the nearby Florida Gators. He visited for Clemson’s spring game in early April and Tigers assistants returned the favor this week at his school.
        His pledge moves Clemson back to the No. 1 spot in the 247Sports Team Composite rankings, jumping LSU and Alabama with 13 commits now. The Tigers now have three 5-star commits, which also leads the nation and all have come in the last month, with Bowman joining cornerback Fred Davis II and defensive end Bryan Bresee.
        This gives Clemson seven commits in ESPN’s Top 50 and 12 ESPN 300 commits overall in this class.He is Clemson’s highest-rated offensive commit so far, up as far as the No. 16 prospect overall (Rivals) and the No. 2 running back in the country(247Sports)."

https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruit ... rPjIn[list][/list]Great weekend indeed!
        Last edited by 1 CAT FAN on Fri May 17, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
        Chester Cyclones

Re: Clemson lands Nation's #1 QB & #2 RB

Post by #1cyclonefan »

It’s a great time to be a tiger fan!!

1 CAT FAN
        Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

It's raining 5-star commitments for Clemson for the 2020 recruiting cycle.
        One of the nation's top prospects quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei committed to Clemson over Oregon on Sunday afternoon.
        Social media blew up from posts from recruiting gurus, fans, national media pundits, and others discussing Clemson's latest elite prospect heading to TigerTown.
          https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruit ... mson-32886
          "Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director Rivals.com, Clemson just toying with the CFB world right now."

1 CAT FAN
          Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Paul Finebaum: Clemson has passed Alabama as No. 1 program
            "I think anyone realistic has to say that Nick Saban should be regarded as the No. 1 coach in the country with six national championships, however I do the think debate is pretty healthy about which program is the best right now,” Finebaum said during Monday's on appearance on WFNZ. “You guys know my resume and where I’ve lived (30 years in Alabama), but I don’t think there’s really a tremendous amount of debate that Clemson, right now, has the best program in America. "It has passed Alabama in terms of appeal, showroom value and upward mobility. A lot of that is because of Saban’s age and a lot of that is because Clemson is a lot more fun to go play at than the University of Alabama.”
            Dabo Swinney's Tigers humiliated the Crimson Tide in January, handing Alabama its worst loss under Saban and have extreme momentum in other areas, including recruiting and facilities. Clemson's 2020 recruiting class is currently ranked No. 1 per the 247Sports Composite, following Sunday's commitment from five-star quarterback DJ Uiagalelei."
              https://247sports.com/college/clemson/A ... USeYCSbjzQ

1 CAT FAN
              Dillon Wildcats

Re: Clemson lands Nation's #1 QB & #2 RB & #1 DE

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Nation's No. 1 DE commits to Clemson
                Five-star Powder Springs, Georgia defensive end Myles Murphy announced a commitment to Clemson over Auburn on Friday at his high school's spring game.
                He is rated as high as the No. 2 player in the nation and No. 1 DE by ESPN. 247Sports rates Murphy as a five-star prospect and the No. 8 player in the country. He is the No. 2 strong-side defensive end, and the No. 1 prospect from the state of Georgia, also according to 247Sports.
                Murphy told TigerNet earlier this month that he loves the fact that Clemson is about more than football. “Really, it's the great environment that they have and the great players that they produce because of the atmosphere and what they teach into the boys - the PAW Journey program,” Murphy said. “After college, they really try to push them into the real world by giving them job opportunities, internships and some of them went out of the country. Some of them went to New York over spring break. That's what I really like to see out of Clemson.”
                Murphy's pledge is a fifth 5-star commitment in the last two months, strengthening Clemson's grip on the No. 1 class for 2020.
                Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruit ... z5oEaYQZ5k

Deputy
                No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Paying well does have its benefits.

1 CAT FAN
                Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

cavaliereagle
                Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Image
                NICE!
                CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

btango
                No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

It looks like Clemson is moving away from signing the in state prospect that is a slight project. Being nationally elite is allowing them to cast the net wide and be very picky about the ones they bring in the fold. The Tigers are a major national brand now.

dacoach
                No Team Affiliation

Post by dacoach »

This seems to make a lot of people in South Carolina very, very angry.

As a high school football coach, I would love to see the in-state schools build talented teams that form National Championship programs on the backs of SC talent. However, the size of our state, and the fluctuation in elite talent from year-to-year is such that you cannot sustain a NATIONAL caliber team by building on SC talent alone. Especially when you have two Power 5 programs and a slew of lesser tier programs to gobble up the talent.

My only concern is that Clemson has become SO big in its national footprint that they don't start overlooking our in-state kids when they are actually good enough to play for the Tigers. So far, the high school coaches that Swinney hired to work in supplemental roles have done a good job of staying in touch with the best of the best in our state - although they still don't get everyone they want from SC. The Gamecocks are grabbing several of the state's top prospects now that Clemson's gaze is turned far and wide.

The interesting part will be whether the Gamecocks can produce many wins in the SEC by "winning" the in-state recruiting "battle" or beating the Tigers in head-to-head match-ups. That doesn't appear to be the case this upcoming season, but only time will tell.