Recap: Sumter vs. Crestwood 2018

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Recap: Sumter vs. Crestwood 2018

Post by SCPrepTalk »

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Re: Recap: Sumter vs. Crestwood 2018

Post by bbrown1240 »

The score was 42-0 before Crestwood scored. Halftime score of this game was 49-6. Second half was a running clock. Sumter ran 7 offensive plays in the second half with second and third team offensive players.

I wonder how much better that Rock Hill win looks. The sad part is Sumter will still be in the other receiving votes category when the polls come out.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

bbrown1240 wrote:The score was 42-0 before Crestwood scored. Halftime score of this game was 49-6. Second half was a running clock. Sumter ran 7 offensive plays in the second half with second and third team offensive players.

I wonder how much better that Rock Hill win looks. The sad part is Sumter will still be in the other receiving votes category when the polls come out.
Cmon man...you know what polls are good for!!! :mrgreen: I would rather be not reconized and good...than the other way around.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

bbrown1240 wrote:The score was 42-0 before Crestwood scored. Halftime score of this game was 49-6. Second half was a running clock. Sumter ran 7 offensive plays in the second half with second and third team offensive players.

The way Sumter is looking this year I think you all should be in the polls. The ironic part about it will be RH will probably be ranked and you guy won’t :?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

The RH area journalists will notice Sumter when they head up to D3 to face Northwestern.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I don’t worry about polls so much. We always had an “I can show you better than I can tell you” type of mentality. I question the amount of research that goes into them especially early in the season, no disrespect to the writers.

Sumter returns 10 starters on offense (only QB Zykiem Jackson graduated) but you could say we return everyone because our current QB Ontra Harvin started our final 3 games. I knew we would be a work in progress defensively (and we are...trust me) but we still return 8 starters on that side including one that we lost to injury in the Crestwood game last year.

If we get past Tonka Hemingway and Conway we most likely go to D3 undefeated. That Northwestern game will be a big game for us in determining where we are as a team.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

bbrown1240 wrote:I don’t worry about polls so much. We always had an “I can show you better than I can tell you” type of mentality. I question the amount of research that goes into them especially early in the season, no disrespect to the writers.

Sumter returns 10 starters on offense (only QB Zykiem Jackson graduated) but you could say we return everyone because our current QB Ontra Harvin started our final 3 games. I knew we would be a work in progress defensively (and we are...trust me) but we still return 8 starters on that side including one that we lost to injury in the Crestwood game last year.

If we get past Tonka Hemingway and Conway we most likely go to D3 undefeated. That Northwestern game will be a big game for us in determining where we are as a team.
Conway struggles to score points. I doubt Sumter will have trouble. I think the Northwestern game will be a Dandy though. NW will possibly be 0-3 and Sumter 3-0 but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a battle!