Can anyone hang with...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Can anyone hang with...

Post by Newcatntown »

I think Sumter may try and pull a rabbit out of their hat like Hillcrest did a few years back!! ;)

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Fort has lots of young talent on both sides of the ball. The sad part is that they have yet to play to their full potential. When they do they can be scary good. The qb albeit not Joyner but he can make plays and he dont turn the ball over. Also that forfeit from week one may add a fire to them. Dutch fork is on another level yes its true do rhink fort can stay within 2 scores of the foxes it would be a 4qtr game if they get to that point

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

TheSilverFox wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:
I believe df is like fort last year a few calls go your way yeah they can lose.but not likely.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Any team can be beaten. Turnovers, key injuries can turn a game. Some even thought fort was the same way after destroying everyone even dropping 41 on df the first gamw. But they did lose. It can happen. Is it likely maybe mot but it can happen

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Post by Dave Pickren »

TL Hanna has only played one team with a pulse this year so who knows if they are good or not. Their non conference is a joke and Region 1 is by far the worst in the state.

Today Dorman is much better than Byrnes but The Cavs are more than capable of blowing it at any time. If Byrnes gets healthy then they can beat Dorman but right now the edge goes to the U

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Dave Pickren wrote:TL Hanna has only played one team with a pulse this year so who knows if they are good or not. Their non conference is a joke and Region 1 is by far the worst in the state.

Today Dorman is much better than Byrnes but The Cavs are more than capable of blowing it at any time. If Byrnes gets healthy then they can beat Dorman but right now the edge goes to the U
Do you think Gaffney can shake up the region and beat Dorman Friday? I’m sure the Indians are tired of playing second fiddle to the Cavs :lol:

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Post by Dave Pickren »

Absolutely. Dorman is far from invincible and Gaffney At the Reservation is always a challenge

Dorman could have lost to Spartanburg, Hillcrest and to a horrendous Northwestern team. I just don't understand what they are doing at times. They are 6-0 but could be 3-3 with just a couple different bounces of the ball.

Spartanburg threw for over 350 yards Friday night with a QB who had not even won the job going into the game. I don't understand Dorman's defensive schemes and the continual soft coverages. I don't understand why they don't stretch the field vertically with those fantastic tall athletic receivers. (There was an injured player out Friday night) It is obvious Dorman is going to ride the running game with the strategy of wearing people down in the 2nd half. The Dorman RB is one of the hardest runners and toughest kids I have seen play in years.

The last-minute drive was beautifully designed and executed to go the distance and score with 12 seconds left. The Dorman QB looked poised and showed leadership but most of the game he turns around and hands the ball off.

I saw Gaffney against Byrnes and the Indians looked as bad as I have ever seen them before. It was a very poor effort with poor fundamentals, Poor tackling, And a very unimaginable game plan and offensive performance.

I have seen Dutch Fork twice on tape now and honestly the only thing that can beat the Foxes is themselves. I am not saying they are unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination. But for someone to walk out of DF with the victory is going to take a major effort and I believe DF will have to be off of their game to be beaten. If DF plays like they are capable then I am not sure if anyone can even keep it close.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Dave Pickren wrote:Absolutely. Dorman is far from invincible and Gaffney At the Reservation is always a challenge

Dorman could have lost to Spartanburg, Hillcrest and to a horrendous Northwestern team. I just don't understand what they are doing at times. They are 6-0 but could be 3-3 with just a couple different bounces of the ball.

Spartanburg threw for over 350 yards Friday night with a QB who had not even won the job going into the game. I don't understand Dorman's defensive schemes and the continual soft coverages. I don't understand why they don't stretch the field vertically with those fantastic tall athletic receivers. (There was an injured player out Friday night) It is obvious Dorman is going to ride the running game with the strategy of wearing people down in the 2nd half. The Dorman RB is one of the hardest runners and toughest kids I have seen play in years.

The last-minute drive was beautifully designed and executed to go the distance and score with 12 seconds left. The Dorman QB looked poised and showed leadership but most of the game he turns around and hands the ball off.

I saw Gaffney against Byrnes and the Indians looked as bad as I have ever seen them before. It was a very poor effort with poor fundamentals, Poor tackling, And a very unimaginable game plan and offensive performance.

I have seen Dutch Fork twice on tape now and honestly the only thing that can beat the Foxes is themselves. I am not saying they are unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination. But for someone to walk out of DF with the victory is going to take a major effort and I believe DF will have to be off of their game to be beaten. If DF plays like they are capable then I am not sure if anyone can even keep it close.
Thanks, I haven’t seen any team play this year. I know Gaffney has a good defense so we will see if they can keep Dorman in check. The Cavs are a team that that can match DF position for position and their O and D line rivals ours. But they’ve been very lackluster in some games and nearly lost. I think it would be a better for them to lose and fix the problems they’re having versus going undefeated into the playoffs with the same problems and possibly losing a game.

This is the best DF team I have ever seen and if the kids play up to their capabilities then I don’t think they will lose. But anything can happen. Berkeley, Summerville and Fort D has good squads and that’s why we play the games. I’m just hope mf for the best as we get the last couple of weeks going into the playoffs.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

I remember a Gaffney team in 2002 and 2011 .....a Byrnes team in ..I think it was 09...it can happen...don't seem likely at this point I'll admit though.