EFFINGHAM COUNTY AT BEAUFORT POLL 8/31/18

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

WHO WILL WIN????

Poll ended at Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 pm

EFFINGHAM COUNTY, GA
60%
BEAUFORT
40%

Total votes: 5

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

EFFINGHAM COUNTY AT BEAUFORT POLL 8/31/18

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

EFFINGHAM COUNTY, GEORGIA IS COMING IN TO THIS GAME WITH A RECORD OF 2-0. THE REBELS ARE AVG. 43 POINTS A GAME AND GIVING UP 10 POINTS A GAME. EFFINGHAM COUNTY IS COMING OFF A 77-14 WIN OVER GROVES HIGH SCHOOL. THE REBELS HAVE A RECORD OF 1-0 IN AWAY GAMES SO FAR THIS SEASON.

BEAUFORT IS COMING IN TO THIS GAME WITH A RECORD OF 2-0. THE EAGLES ARE AVG. 42 POINTS A GAME AND GIVING UP 14 POINTS A GAME. BEAUFORT IS COMING OFF A 48-6 WIN OVER CROSSTOWN RIVAL BATTERY CREEK. THE EAGLES HAVE A RECORD OF 1-0 IN HOME GAMES SO FAR THIS SEASON.

THIS IS ONLY THE 4TH MEETING EVER BETWEEN THE 2 TEAMS. EFFINGHAM COUNTY OWNS A 3-0 RECORD OVER BEAUFORT. BUT THE LAST TIME THAT THE 2 SCHOOLS MET WAS WAY BACK IN 1989. BEFORE THAT THE 2 SCHOOLS ONLY MET 2 TIMES IN THE 1970'S.

DOODLES HAS BEAUFORT FAVORED BY 9 POINTS OVER EFFINGHAM COUNTY. BUT MAXPREPS HAS EFFINGHAM COUNTY RANKED OVER BEAUFORT.

THIS GAME SHOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATES OF SOUTH CAROLINA AND GEORGIA THIS WEEK. I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME. I AM SO GLAD THAT BEAUFORT WILL BE PLAYING AT HOME. EFFINGHAM COUNTY HAS SEEMED TO ALWAYS HAVE PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMS. THE REBELS ALWAYS HAVE THEM BIG COUNTRY BOYS ON THEIR TEAMS. SO THEY WILL BE PRETTY TOUGH TO BEAT.

BUT BEAUFORT HAS REALLY LOOKED GOOD SO FAR IN THESE 2 GAMES PLAYED. SO I THINK IT WILL BE A PRETTY GOOD GAME.

KICKOFF FOR THIS GAME WILL BE AT 7:30 PM THIS FRIDAY NIGHT AUGUST 31ST IN BEAUTIFUL BEAUFORT EAGLES STADIUM ALSO KNOWN AS THE EAGLES NEST.

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS ON THIS GAME???? I WILL GIVE MINE LATER ON IN THE WEEK. ;) 8-) :mrgreen:.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES BEAT THOSE EFFINGHAM COUNTY REBELS!!!!
Last edited by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: EFFINGHAM COUNTY AT BEAUFORT POLL 8/31/18

Post by CITYSLICKER »

GA- 7
BUFART -2
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

CITYSLICKER wrote:GA- 7
BUFART -2

I don't think it will be that low scoring. But thanks for your input Slick. :roll:. Does anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on this game? They changed the kickoff time back to the original time 7:30. I wished that they would have kept it at 8. I like 8:00 better because it gives me time to get off of work which I get off work at 5 and get home around 6. Plus it is a little over an hour from my house in the "BORO" to Beaufort's Stadium on Lady's Island. I am so excited about this game. It should be a great game to watch.

Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

I am going with BEAUFORT.GO GET'EM EAGLES!

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
BUFART -2

I don't think it will be that low scoring. But thanks for your input Slick. :roll:. Does anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on this game? They changed the kickoff time back to the original time 7:30. I wished that they would have kept it at 8. I like 8:00 better because it gives me time to get off of work which I get off work at 5 and get home around 6. Plus it is a little over an hour from my house in the "BORO" to Beaufort's Stadium on Lady's Island. I am so excited about this game. It should be a great game to watch.

you may remember years ago most all high school games
started at 8pm.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

96fanatic wrote:I am going with BEAUFORT.GO GET'EM EAGLES!

Thanks 96fanatic!!!! I sure hope that we win. Good luck to your 96 Wildcats as well.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

96fanatic wrote:
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
BUFART -2

you may remember years ago most all high school games
started at 8pm.

Yep. Back when I played all of our games were at 8:00. I wish that they would go back to 8. I wonder if any teams have 8:00 games???? Our first 2 games were at 8 because of the heat but now they will be back at 7:30.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

THIS BIG GAME BETWEEN UNDEFEATED EFFINGHAM COUNTY AND MY UNDEFEATED BEAUFORT EAGLES WILL KICKOFF TOMORROW NIGHT. IT SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME TO WATCH.

IN ORDER FOR BEAUFORT TO WIN THIS GAME THE EAGLES OFFENSE JUST HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING. BEAUFORT QB JEFFREY SMYTH WILL HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BIG GAME THROWING THE FOOTBALL. SMYTH HAS ALREADY THROWN THE BALL FOR ALMOST 500 YARDS IN ONLY 2 GAMES. :shock:. THE EAGLES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PRIMARILY RUNNING TEAM BUT THAT HAS CHANGED THIS SEASON FOR THE BETTER. BEAUFORT HAS THROWN THE BALL A LOT MORE SO FAR THIS SEASON AND WITH THE EAGLES RUNNING GAME STILL PRETTY GOOD THIS BEAUFORT TEAM IS VERY DANGEROUS ON OFFENSE.

I LOOK FOR BEAUFORT WR'S REED REICHEL AND TRAE HEYWARD TO HAVE BIG GAMES AND ALSO I HOPE TO SEE EAGLES TE WILLIAM WINBURN HAVE A BIG GAME CATCHING THE FOOTBALL. I HOPE TO SEE BEAUFORT RB JAMES DAGIN RUSH THE BALL FOR OVER 100 YARDS THIS GAME AND ALSO TO SEE HIM CATCH THE FOOTBALL.

BEAUFORT'S OFFENSIVE LINE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A BIG GAME THIS WEEK. IF BEAUFORT'S OL HAS A GOOD GAME BLOCKING HELPING THE RB'S HAVE HOLES TO RUN THRU AND PROTECTING SMYTH SO THAT HE HAS TIME TO THROW THE FOOTBALL THEN I THINK BEAUFORT WINS THIS GAME.

BEAUFORT'S OFFENSE WILL HAVE TO CUT OUT THE TURNOVERS AND PENALTIES ALSO. THE EAGLES FG KICKER MUST MAKE ALL OF HIS EXTRA POINTS ALSO.

THE MAIN THING THOUGH IS FOR BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE TO STOP EFFINGHAM RB DESMOND HOUSE. HOUSE SCORED 4 TDS AND HAD OVER 100 YARDS RUSHING LAST WEEK AGAINST GROVES. THE EAGLES "D" WILL ALSO HAVE TO STOP THE OTHER GOOD REBEL RB ASHAUD ROBERSON. ROBERSON ALSO RUSHED THE BALL FOR MORE THEN 100 YARDS LAST WEEK. BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE WILL HAVE TO PUT SOME PRESSURE ON EFFINGHAM QB JERID STOKES. STOKES THREW A COUPLE OF TD'S LAST WEEK. BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE WILL HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL WITH THE REBELS BUT I HAVE A FEELING THAT THE EAGLES "D" WILL STEP UP FOR THIS GAME.

EFFINGHAM COUNTY IS A 6A SCHOOL IN GEORGIA. NO ONE CAN SAY THAT BEAUFORT DOESN'T HAVE A PRETTY TOUGH SCHEDULE THIS YEAR. AFTER 6A EFFINGHAM BEAUFORT PLAYS 5A WAYNE COUNTY GA, THEN THEY PLAY 6A VALDOSTA WHO IS THE WINNINGEST FOOTBALL TEAM EVER, AND THEN AFTER THAT THEY PLAY 5A BLYTHEWOOD. WOW.....IT IS A TOUGH SCHEDULE BUT I AM LOVING IT!!!!

I HOPE TO SEE A HUGE CROWD AT THIS GAME. KICKOFF WILL BE AT 7:30 TOMORROW NIGHT 8/31 IN BEAUFORT'S STADIUM THE EAGLES NEST.

AS FOR THE SCORE OF THE GAME......I WILL SAY.....

BEAUFORT 34 ;) 8-) :mrgreen:
EFFINGHAM COUNTY 24

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!