Greenwood's defense smothers Wade Hampton in 27-0 win

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood's defense smothers Wade Hampton in 27-0 win

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Greenwood's defense smothers Wade Hampton in 27-0 win

Post by 96fanatic »

congrats to the EAGLES.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

96fanatic wrote:congrats to the EAGLES.
Appreciate it but wade Hampton is terrible. If we literally didn't put a defense on the field they still couldn't score.......I wish we could score points like ya'll.

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
Appreciate it but wade Hampton is terrible. If we literally didn't put a defense on the field they still couldn't score.......I wish we could score points like ya'll.
I'll take 27 nothing shutout ANY game I don't care who the opponent is. A 27 nothing win is better than a 48-44 loss. If you don't let your opponent score, how can you lose?? When we won state my freshman year we weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. We didn't score more than 14 in the upper state title game or the state title game my freshman year and won both. defense wins titles my friend. be happy and stop complaining about a shutout.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

northside knight wrote:
I'll take 27 nothing shutout ANY game I don't care who the opponent is. A 27 nothing win is better than a 48-44 loss. If you don't let your opponent score, how can you lose?? When we won state my freshman year we weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. We didn't score more than 14 in the upper state title game or the state title game my freshman year and won both. defense wins titles my friend. be happy and stop complaining about a shutout.
He's just saying that we let a winless team hang in the game longer than we should have. I somewhat agree. It was only a 13 nothing game going into the fourth quarter. The current level of our program should be able to win more convincingly against these type of teams. I'm happy we won and the defense got a shutout but we need to start scoring more TDs in the redzone and not field goals.

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
northside knight wrote:
He's just saying that we let a winless team hang in the game longer than we should have. I somewhat agree. It was only a 13 nothing game going into the fourth quarter. The current level of our program should be able to win more convincingly against these type of teams. I'm happy we won and the defense got a shutout but we need to start scoring more TDs in the redzone and not field goals.
What's the difference between 50-0 and 27-0? NOTHING. You either win or you lose. PERIOD.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

northside knight wrote:
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
northside knight wrote:
What's the difference between 50-0 and 27-0? NOTHING. You either win or you lose. PERIOD.
There is a difference.

1. You establish dominance with blowouts
2. You need to be able to score touchdowns to beat good teams. Defense can only do so much. Offense needs to be able to score more.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

northside knight wrote:
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
northside knight wrote:
It shows that you struggled with a team who hasn't won a game. This is what I mean when I say standards have been lowered. This same score against better competition maybe is something to crow about. But instead that's about how they did us. Scored 3 against Hanna and 7 against Gaffney which was by the defense. Dorman blasted this team 55-0. Our score is similar to what Easley, Laurens, and Woodmont did against them except these schools scored more. This is not the level Greenwood has played at in the past. We belted these schools and scored points like Dorman did. At least close. They aren't complaining about a win, they are complaining because they are looking deeper and we need to perform much better offensively to go anywhere. It's a win, but what happens when we play another team that actually is capable of throwing points up? Spartanburg, Byrnes, Dorman, etc.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Pippen needs to loosen up that tie and open up the playbook. Greenwood shouldn't be struggling to score against teams like Woodmont, Easley, JL Mann, Wade Hampton and etc. REPEAT.....Please loosen up that tie or put on a nice relax-fit golf shirt.

Each game Pippin needs to have that kick a** mentality against his opponents. Pippin is too nice on the field. You can go back to being nice after the game. Is Pippin just scared of these teams in the upstate or what??? I want the Pippin that coached against TL Hanna last year in the playoffs, the one that beat Westwood and Dutch Fork in previous years. I want that Pippin to show up each game. A kick a** Pippin!!!
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Rhett is a pro-style quaterback. Change the offense some to fit his skill set. We need to be 65/35 pass run ratio. Let Rhett pass it around to ALL the receivers like in 7 on 7. We in the spread offense so let's have some FUN slinging it around but don't abandon the run.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012