West Florence (Defeats FD 27-20)

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

West Florence (Defeats FD 27-20)

Post by Fortfan2k »

I know they have the Ford kid that i think lead the state in rushing, who else they have to keep an eye on? How good is their defense? Is their oline solid because fort's d-line can be overwhelming being big, strong and fast. Fort o-linr is huge across the fronts, and is strong. Fort overall has ton of speed on both sides. Also if the playcalling is the same going forward as it was tonight, this team can be dangerous. But west Florence has our total attention

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Re: West Florence

Post by bbrown1240 »

FD should score at will on West. You stop Ford, you’ll stop West. Don’t stop Ford, and West will score right along with you.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Thanks. It all start in the trenches. We have great lbs and our d-line is big and strong. If West o-line not solid they could be in trouble. We played focused all night vs wando and didn't show no signs of a let down after blowing a huge lead vs summerville to lose the region championship.

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Let’s just say West gave up 49 to Crestwood. That’s all you need to know

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Thanks. I know we should be able to score early and often. I just dont want ford to go off. I think our d-line can control the LOS

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Y’all will win big. They lost to 3A Camden

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

West Florence dominates Ashley Ridge in first round of playoffs with 52-24 win
:arrow: Link to article ==> https://www.scnow.com/sports/article_97 ... 3936d.html

It's not just Ford, QB Cooper Wallace has put up some impressive numbers on the ground too. If you key on Ford too much the QB will keep it and burn you.

They don't throw the ball often which makes them dangerous if your defensive backs don't stay focused. WF's first TD last night was a scramble by Wallace that turned into a 54 yard TD pass.

I agree with everyone above, Fort D wins this one. WF has played the weakest schedule in 5A this year, their non-region schedule was a joke. 4 of 6 region teams are below average or just awful, then they draw the at-large opponent in the first round. The trail of cupcakes comes to end this week.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Band dad. It shouldnt be an issue. The best running qb we saw was the qb from viera florida and JB from Summerville so we're tested. Dont think west has seen a d-line as big and strong, and fast like ours.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

FOCUS we can get the job done.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

I think that summerville loss got the players focused. Even the coaches didnt let up. Nothing was conservative which was a good sign. They know now if you dont bring it you will lose.