Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins the 3A State Championship?

Chester
65%
Dillon
35%

Total votes: 17

nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Re: Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Post by nastycats1988 »

We good Newcat!! I just can't wait for this game Saturday. Win or Lose I will be back here on that same day. I don't play that not coming back to the boards crap. :D :D

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Nastycat... yall meet up with us on Eden Street and help me eat some yardbird!!! :D

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

We all are passionate about our team and we see them with our team colored glasses but I could care less about either one. I’m just the little bit of information I have and making a prediction. Best of luck to you all.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

#1cyclonefan wrote:Everyone knows Dillon is the team to beat but don’t think Chester is just going to lay down because it is Dillon!
Doesn't Chaester have an OL that's a finalist for Mr. Football..? Has he picked a college ?

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

“I don’t know about being a favorable matchup,” Hayes said of his defense against Chester's rushing attack. “We’ve got a tall task ahead of us. But we’ve played outstanding defense all year that was evident on Friday night – they really rose to the occasion against a really good Wade Hampton football team.

“We’ll have to do that again on (Friday) to have an opportunity to win.”

The Cyclones feature three 1,000-yard rushers in senior running back Pha’Leak Brown (1,508), junior Stan Mills (1,098) and freshman quarterback Zan Dunham (1,000). They’ve combined for 48 touchdowns, and Dunham also has thrown for seven.

“There’s no question about it – Dillon/Chester is going to be a bloodbath,” Hayes said of what he expects to be a very physical matchup. “It’s going to be physical up front, and it’s going to be a good, old-timey football game, which is something I really enjoy.”
    https://www.scnow.com/sports/article_c0 ... 8cd3a.html
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
    Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

mikey wrote:
    #1cyclonefan wrote:Everyone knows Dillon is the team to beat but don’t think Chester is just going to lay down because it is Dillon!
    Doesn't Chaester have an OL that's a finalist for Mr. Football..? Has he picked a college ?
    Wyatt Tunall is committed to North Carolina
    Last edited by #1cyclonefan on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
    Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

1 CAT FAN wrote:“I don’t know about being a favorable matchup,” Hayes said of his defense against Chester's rushing attack. “We’ve got a tall task ahead of us. But we’ve played outstanding defense all year that was evident on Friday night – they really rose to the occasion against a really good Wade Hampton football team.

“We’ll have to do that again on (Friday) to have an opportunity to win.”

The Cyclones feature three 1,000-yard rushers in senior running back Pha’Leak Brown (1,508), junior Stan Mills (1,098) and freshman quarterback Zan Dunham (1,000). They’ve combined for 48 touchdowns, and Dunham also has thrown for seven.

“There’s no question about it – Dillon/Chester is going to be a bloodbath,” Hayes said of what he expects to be a very physical matchup. “It’s going to be physical up front, and it’s going to be a good, old-timey football game, which is something I really enjoy.”
      https://www.scnow.com/sports/article_c0 ... 8cd3a.html

For for my kind of football this is one I'd like see...I got Chester....I just like Chester...used u stop there and eat breakfast on the yearly trips to the beach...a family tradition...never been to Dillion....seen the signs off 501 to go there but it's really really hot down there in them neck of the woods in the summertime so I rolled on...besides we had just stopped again at McClouds peach shed for a bologna or ham and cheese sandwich picnic and a expensive ice cream...another family tradition ....have to admit I liked looking at the farm equipment on display..good luck to both and hope the refs let y'all play...

1 CAT FAN
      Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

That one there? That’s the freshman? The 6-foot-2, 210-pound hulk (imposing even without pads) slinging the football around the field during this 7-on-7?

Yes. That one.
        The first thing anyone notices about Dunham is his size and while ........[Read more]

‘Sky’s the limit’: Chester’s freshman QB is a big reason for Cyclones’ title chance
        By Bret McCormick | bmccormick@heraldonline.com
          https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... 73660.html
          Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
          Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

It’s finally game day good luck to all teams playing and safe travels to all that comes to support their teams. Go Cyclones!!!

Coach125
          Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

Well it wasn't by 2+ TD's like i predicted but figured Chester would win. Playing a tough schedule makes a big difference sometimes.