Region 6 5A

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Region 6 5A

Post by bbrown1240 »

That region is completely up for grabs. South Florence looks like they’ve woken up. West Florence has one of the best backs in the state. Carolina Forest is going to be good. Conway will be tough for any of those teams to beat even with their offensive woes. I don’t think that region will be decided until the last week.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Region 6 5A

Post by SF Band dad »

I agree, it's up for grabs. This might be Carolina Forest's year. We'll know if they are for real when they face Myrtle Beach in a few weeks.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

SF Band dad wrote:I agree, it's up for grabs. This might be Carolina Forest's year. We'll know if they are for real when they face Myrtle Beach in a few weeks.
Have they every beaten them?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:I agree, it's up for grabs. This might be Carolina Forest's year. We'll know if they are for real when they face Myrtle Beach in a few weeks.
Have they every beaten them?
Four times in 13 years.
2015 - 24-20
2014 - Forfeit
2013 - 41-35
2004 - 21-14

With their enrollment and financial backing CF should dominate the region in every sport. This might be the year their football team doesn't underachieve.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I believe last year Carolina Forest’s JV team only lost to Sumter. They have a pretty decent group.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

bbrown1240 wrote:I believe last year Carolina Forest’s JV team only lost to Sumter. They have a pretty decent group.
Just checked MaxPreps, their JV was undefeated last year, 5 shutouts. Only MYB scored more than one TD against them.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

SF Band dad wrote:
bbrown1240 wrote:I believe last year Carolina Forest’s JV team only lost to Sumter. They have a pretty decent group.
Just checked MaxPreps, their JV was undefeated last year, 5 shutouts. Only MYB scored more than one TD against them.
You’re right. I’m looking at a different year. Oh well...good luck to y’all