DEVONTE HOLLMAN

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Re: DEVONTE HOLLMAN

Post by Deputy »

btango wrote:McManus looked at all options. God does the pay compare between Rock Hill and Spartanburg? Very persuasive. Throw in the new charter and SPe is not as quite as attractive.
I know the head coaches seem to be paid very well in Spartanburg, not sure if assistants are paid any better than they would anywhere else

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

I hope McManus goes to Rock Hill......Time will tell......Heard today that DeVonte does not have a teaching certification. A couple of years ago the Rock Hill School Board would not consider former Northwestern standout Jeff Burris as a Head Coach candidate because he did not have a teaching certification. I think Slick is right on target with his comments just based on what I am hearing around Rock Hill..........

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

I think people are overstating the potential impactof Legion Collegiate. There will be a few kids that go over, but for the most part I think the impact will be minimal.

Ive been told the academics are a bear and many students have transferred back from their sister schools(Oceanside and Gray). If I am not mistaken, if a student transfers BACK they are ineligible, barring some sort of appeal. Correct?

When the dust settles NW, SP and RH will be the prime destinations with LCA being mostly an afterthought and most families will choose based almost solely on academics and not athletics(as it should be anyway)

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

I respect your opinion Angry Max...but disagree with your thoughts on Legion. Northwestern is a dumpster fire right now. SP has serious issues with new leadership in place at the Principal and AD position.....They are the reason Coach Herron left.....Dr. Kennedy is the new Principal at Legion. He served as an Assistant Principal at South Point and then moved to York Prep as HS Principal. HE is a great leader. I know him personally. They have a plan in place and it is just not focused on Football.....
\

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Post by Fan4awhile »

Coach Herron left to double dip, and who could blame him. If you are able to retire why wouldnt you? This way he doesnt have to travel to NC or teach any classes. I dont know how Legion will do, lot of unknowns, guess time will tell.

ImpartialObzerver
No Team Affiliation

Post by ImpartialObzerver »

Chuckster wrote:I respect your opinion Angry Max...but disagree with your thoughts on Legion. Northwestern is a dumpster fire right now. SP has serious issues with new leadership in place at the Principal and AD position.....They are the reason Coach Herron left.....Dr. Kennedy is the new Principal at Legion. He served as an Assistant Principal at South Point and then moved to York Prep as HS Principal. HE is a great leader. I know him personally. They have a plan in place and it is just not focused on Football.....
\
What is the word on Northwestern?

coachp
No Team Affiliation

Post by coachp »

Northwestern?

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Sorry for delay....I have been out town for most of the last 2 weeks. Northwestern's problems are as follows:

1) Former veteran coaches left their respective coaching positions after Richardson left and after his replacement was fired. The veteran coaches kept their teaching positions which meant the new coaches had to find a "teaching position" at an elementary or middle school OR simply accept a submilment pay arrangement. Go look at the State of SC compensation website to see which school districts pay the most for Head Coach and Assistant Coach positions....RH D 3 is not where it needs to be compared to Dorman, Spartanburg, Dutch Fork, Irmo, Byrnes etc.......

2) No accountability for players who do not attend workouts or misbehave in class. "A severe lack of discipline". Players are treated differently based on "who you are". A D1 talent on the offensive side of the football is an example. Half ass effort in practice and games = yet gets to play... cussing at teachers in class.....No action taken....

3) There is a letter that has been sent by a players parent to the District Administration and School Board regarding the above issues as well as off season workouts. I have read the letter and there are very serious accusations regarding all of the above. The letter was written by someone well respected in the community. This parent would not have produced the letter without facts and the ability to substantiate the issues noted.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

CITYSLICKER wrote:THEM MULES ARE STARTING THEIR FALL FROM TOP HEADING TO BOTTOM
EYE CONCOUR!!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Devonte Hollman definitely has the Heart to be a Great Coach, but lets see if he can put together the right team of Coaches to continue the success that South Pointe has had. Offensive play caller Coach????? Defensive Coach????? Hollman Story here==== https://www.dailygamecock.com/article/2 ... r-to-coach