Game by game playoff implications

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Game by game playoff implications

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

bbrown1240 wrote:In the event of a three way tie atop Region 4, the tiebreaker will consist of a coin flip between the three teams, the loser of the coin flip will get the 3 seed, and the winner of the head to head between the remaining two teams will get the 1 seed.
Was just looking at that...
real possibility that a 3-way tie could happen somewhere in this region.
Also a real chance for a coin flip to determine the outcome.

A Rock, Paper, Scissors battle would be more fun. ;)

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote: I believe if Bs beats Byrnes then BS get 3, Byrnes get 4. They will be the only two region teams with two losses, so its pretty cut and dry.
Unless Gaffney and/or Dorman lose as well

I couldn’t even type that Dorman part without laughing

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote: T L Hanna
Woodmont
Region Championship on the line [GOOD NEWS: Woodmont not only makes the playoffs, but gets a home game. BAD NEWS: You host Gaffney]

Easley
Laurens
Easley win, they are likely #4, Laurens win they could squeak in the playoffs [Laurens will be heading to Cherry Rd to play the Rock Hill Bearcats]

Greenwood
J L Mann
Greenwood is #4 with an Easley loss and #5 with an Easley win [Greenwood gets to go to Dorman, I hope they can stop the run.....]

Wade Hampton
Westside
Westside is #3 unless Wade Hampton shocks everyone [Any Westside folks looking for a place to eat prior to the game in two weeks, let me know. We have a couple of alternatives before you head to Nixon Field.]

Boiling Springs
Byrnes
Byrnes win, they are #2 in the Region, Bulldogs win, and it gets wild [Rebels exploded for some big plays in the First Quarter and never looked back. Bulldogs could advance in two weeks as well...]

Dorman
Riverside
Dorman wins [Just stay focused and don't start prepping for T L Hanna yet..... ]

Gaffney
Spartanburg
Gaffney win, along with a Bulldog win, and Gaffney is Region Champs [Gaffney is the best team that will not be hosting a first round game and I believe will be the favorite for at least two games....]

Hillcrest
Mauldin
Vikings are interested in this game as they need help to make the playoffs [Vikings got some help, earned a trip to T L Hanna. I'm not sure they should thank Hillcrest or not?]

Fort Mill
Clover
The battle for the basement

Nation Ford
Chapin
No playoff implications

Northwestern
Rock Hill
Region Championship on the line [It's been a while since you heard this, Rock Hill Bearcats are Region Champs! I'm thinking they could renew the Highway 5 rivalry with those Injuns in a couple of weeks.]

Irmo
Sumter
Sumter win, they are Region Champs. Irmo win and they could be champs[Sumter has quietly taken care of business and no one seems to even mention them.... Still can't understand how they are in the Upper State and Dutch Fork is in the Lower State????]

Blythewood
Spring Valley
Blythewood win along with an Irmo win, three way tie and I have no idea [Blythewood gets Nation Ford and if they move on, they could have a trip to Roebuck.]

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--