Weather - Games moved to Thursday....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Weather - Games moved to Thursday....

Post by Newcatntown »

mystikul wrote:
Newcatntown wrote:IM GONNA SAY SORRY NOW....BUT DAMN...WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE MOVING GAMES?
GATES MY ARSE!!! PLAY ON FRIDAY NIGHT LIKE IT IS SCHEDULED....BUNCH OF WUSSIES!!! :roll:
I'm with ya man
THANKS MYSTSKUL...IT MIGHT BENEFIT THE UNDERDOG... YOU PLAY IN THE RAIN...WAIT...REFS MIGHT MELT!! :shock: :roll: :lol:

mystikul
Central Eagles

Post by mystikul »

No problem. I understand if it's a hurricane, tropical storm or early in the year maybe a system that has produced tornado's. This is just rain, and not even a lot of it. Would probably get me money at the gate, if it was on a Friday night in the rain, than on Thursday night with still a chance of rain :? I don't care about getting wet, I'm thinking more about the ride to and from. Look at A.J. and Abbeville, they play tomorrow at 6. A.J. is going to have to leave around noon or 1 to get there.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Crescent at Indian Land moved to Thursday at 7:30pm
:arrow: https://twitter.com/JCraftCrescent/stat ... 5335359488

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Newcatntown wrote:IM GONNA SAY SORRY NOW....BUT DAMN...WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE MOVING GAMES?
GATES MY ARSE!!! PLAY ON FRIDAY NIGHT LIKE IT IS SCHEDULED....BUNCH OF WUSSIES!!! :roll:

I agree with you NEWCAT!!!! Back when I played we always played in the rain/lightning. What is up with teams moving their games because of the rain? I think it is dumb!!!! I just looked at the weather forecast and Tomorrow is suppose to be worse then Friday. There is a 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms on Thursday and a 50% chance of rain and thunderstorms on Friday. I have to say this about Beaufort. They hardly ever postpone or move their games.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve i was just asking since it seems to be the normal thing to do now is move games around. I personally don't like them moving the games around I would much rather see them play in the rain and watch a ball game like that hell if the teams these days are such wussies that they can't get wet build indoor stadiums with the stupid turf fields

mystikul
Central Eagles

Post by mystikul »

I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to derail the topic. Had to vent a little bit cause it did strike a nerve. Lol

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

I have been to games over the years
where it would be pouring rain for
2 or 3 days.the field would be
a pond and rain still coming down.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

If my Senior Pass was good during playoffs I’d love it. I’d get an extra game but since SCHSL doesn’t honor the pass that is not helping at all. I understand both sides of the decision have their good points but they also have their bad points as well. What if you have plans for Thursday and boom sometime this morning you find out you now have a game tonight!?!?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Its the new world we live in. Players and coaches do not want to play in the rain and with the gate being such an important factor, now they can move games with that excuse. Its unfortunate, however, because many High School Football players best memories are playing in adverse conditions. This generation will not experience that. The kicker on this changing of games is so many schools spent millions of $$ over the past few years to put in turf fields for this EXACT purpose. Now, when you even have the "threat" of rain, schools are quickly changing the game. Those millions spent (wasted) on turf fields could go a long way for each of those football programs now.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

FootballFan4343 wrote:Its the new world we live in. Players and coaches do not want to play in the rain and with the gate being such an important factor, now they can move games with that excuse. Its unfortunate, however, because many High School Football players best memories are playing in adverse conditions. This generation will not experience that. The kicker on this changing of games is so many schools spent millions of $$ over the past few years to put in turf fields for this EXACT purpose. Now, when you even have the "threat" of rain, schools are quickly changing the game. Those millions spent (wasted) on turf fields could go a long way for each of those football programs now.
Well said .we've played baseball in worse conditions than football is willing to play in smh.