Audio if Resignation Interview W/ SP HC Strait Herron

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Audio if Resignation Interview W/ SP HC Strait Herron

Post by Chuckster »

Follow Up to Newcatntown's posting of South Pointe Head Coach Strait Herron - Full post game interview addressing his reasons for stepping down. The interview is at the - 8:00 mark. You can also hear the audio scoring highlights of SP Vs. Daniel right before that. The link is provided below......OR go to WRHI Facebook page and hit videos - South Pointe recap.....I welcome your thoughts......

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Audio if Resignation Interview W/ SP HC Strait Herron

Post by Newcatntown »

So....that's where yall hang out on Friday!!! :lol:
Thanks for posting that link....now everyone can at least hear what I was lucky enough to see!! :ugeek:
I ALMOST went to see Gaffney and Rock Hill...boy would I have been pi$$ed!! :o

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

LOL!!!! We weren't too happy with that outcome either!! We are all still in shock in Rock Hill. For the first time in years, we won't be headed to Willy B for Championship Saturday covering one of our teams....We've been pretty spoiled up here with our Rock Hill area teams..

Lets stay in touch for next season...any info you can share regarding your teams and area, we will be glad to share on air next season....

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Chuckster wrote:LOL!!!! We weren't too happy with that outcome either!! We are all still in shock in Rock Hill. For the first time in years, we won't be headed to Willy B for Championship Saturday covering one of our teams....We've been pretty spoiled up here with our Rock Hill area teams..

Lets stay in touch for next season...any info you can share regarding your teams and area, we will be glad to share on air next season....
I have lived in Lake Wylie for the past 4 and a half years and hoped that my best friends old school...Clover....would get out of their rut...oh well.
My son went to Bluffton where I lived for 30 yrs...but when I moved here, my daughter went to Rock Hill...so I have a Bobcat and Bearcat in the mix!! I didn't shed a tear Friday at D3 South.... :mrgreen:
Strait's 1st year at SP was his 1st title against my Bobcats @ Death Valley. :twisted: He had some STUDS on that 2011 team!!! :shock:
Can't wait till next year already!!! :D

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Does he plan to coach again ?....

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

The End of a Era for South Pointe Footbal, without Coach Herron and Principle AL Leonard, and Athletic director Mike Drummond these three working as a team, working together made South Pointe Football great. Principle Al Leonard supported and helped those athletes that came through South Pointe’s Football program that needed extra support with their schooling, and fair disciplining and Mike Drummond and Coach Herron helped to keep these young men in line with fair discipline, and they gave these young men Hope’s and dreams of a better future. DARE TO DREAM OF BRIGHTER FUTURE THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. BIG SHOES TO FILL HERE. https://www.heraldonline.com/news/local ... 87309.html http://www.wrhi.com/2017/03/south-point ... ire-131953 https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... k=hpdigest

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Excellent summary by Wildstallion2!!!! To Mikey in Gaffney, he stated in interview that "he was retiring from coaching in the public school system"........????

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

".....in the public school system"
Interesting prepositional phrase. :? That leaves a lot of options open. Playing golf, fishing, sitting on the beach,.... perhaps coaching at another level or at a private school.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

I guess that leaves Catawba Ridge out of the equation!!! :?: :mrgreen:

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Once Catawba Ridge comes on line, Fort Mill, Nation Ford and Catawba Ridge are toast!!!! Newcatntown, have you seen the way they have drawn those new district lines?