Hurricane Florence Mosquitoes

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Hurricane Florence Mosquitoes

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Dillon's athletic director, also a state representative had the SCDOT implement road signs around Dillon memorial football stadium. Dillon's state representative and the SCHSL are in talks as a safety precaution of pushing the football season back until cooler weather.
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Newcatntown
    Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Hurricane Florence Mosquitoes

Post by Newcatntown »

I love the sign....in the early 80's...when i played ball...the skeeters were so big in Carteret County NC...you could read the writing on their wings!!! :o :mrgreen:

1 CAT FAN
    Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Ed Piotrowski WPDE weather - Psorophera ciliata the Gallonipper. They hatch off quickly after flood waters provide suitable habitat for other mosquitoes to produce young in ephemeral pools and those larvae become prey for the larger psorophera genera like ciliata or howardii.

mikey
      Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Well don't expect DHEC to be to worried about it....

Mikey's sort of aggravated at that agency today....u would have to have listened to my phone conversation with them today to understand I guess.

There have been 3 confirmed cases of w.nile virus in Cherokee co in the last 2 weeks..2 in birds and one in a human....I found a dead unmolested finch in the yard today so I called them up to see if they'd come get it and test it...they said I would I have to bring it in...I would have thought they would be more concerned...I guess I was wrong.. :x

Prayers sent for u folks in the Pee Dee region...

1 CAT FAN
      Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

The scene was like “a bad science fiction movie,” according to Robert Phillips, a resident of the centrally located Cumberland county. “ I told my wife, ‘Gosh, look at the size of this thing.’ I told her that I guess I’m going to have to use a shotgun on these things if they get any bigger,” Phillips told The Fayetteville Observer.
        https://www.popsci.com/carolina-hurricane-mosquitoes