OT: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Post by Newcatntown »

Ain't but 40 miles from me...might check it out!! 8-)

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Should be a good show with the late models

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Wonder if Johnboy is racin??? :lol:

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea he should be there lol

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

What a weekend of racing it was both on the national scene and the local scene. First lets look at the national scene Fridays race for the Lucas oil series was rained out just as qualifying was about half way done.Then the series moved to Brownstown Indiana for the 22nd Annual Ice Breaker 100 and that is where the series saw an invader come in and steal a victory from the lucas regulars. Brandon Sheppard from the world of outlaws series came in and dominated the race as he took fast time and then dominated his heat which enabled him to sit on the pole and lead all 50 laps enroute to the 12K win.

Now onto the local scene at to Lancaster speedway where they were hosting the Red Rose Rumble and the Carolina Clash super late model series for 5K to win. Downtown Michael Brown came away with the victory followed by Ross Bailes in 2nd Chris Ferguson in 3rd Brett Hamm in 4th and rounding out the top 5 Zack Mitchell. Very exciting race down there in Lancaster.

Ok now we move onto this weekend and there is a full schedule of racing all the way around. Tennessee watches as the World of Outlaws late models series storms into the area and tries it's luck again after being rained out a couple of weekends ago. They start March 22nd Duck River Speedway in Lewisburg TN for a 10K show then they head over to Maryville Tn and to the Smoky Mountain Speedway for the 6th annual Tennessee tip off and a 12K to win pay day.

On the local scene this weekend Lancaster is running the Blue Ridge Late Model series this weekend along with Super Stock, SECA Crate Sportsman, Renegade, Pure Stock, Extreme 4, Thunder Bomber

Cherokee Speedway is hosting the Southern Allstars on Sunday March 24th for 12K for their portion of the Ginger Owens March Madness that was rained out earlier this month. They are also hoping to draw some of the attention from the World of Outlaws as they are in the are in TN this weekend and hoping to draw some of those names down for the 12K to win show on Sunday

Laurens Speedway is holding a test and tune practice Saturday March 23rd and Travelers Rest SPeedway is going to hold their 1st race of the year this Saturday night

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Oh Boy this weekend is shaping up to be a good weekend of racing in the area. Man if I knew the wife wouldn't kill me or divorce me I would be on the road this weekend making a stop at Duck River Friday night Smoky Mountain Saturday night and then I would be headed to Cherokee Sunday afternoon. THe best weekend so far in the area to watch the dirt fly woohoo its going to be a good one.

1st&Goal
Byrnes Rebels

Post by 1st&Goal »

DRIVE FAST TURN LEFT!!!!
If you cant walk it..You prolly shouldnt talk it!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

racincowboy02 wrote:Oh Boy this weekend is shaping up to be a good weekend of racing in the area. Man if I knew the wife wouldn't kill me or divorce me I would be on the road this weekend making a stop at Duck River Friday night Smoky Mountain Saturday night and then I would be headed to Cherokee Sunday afternoon. THe best weekend so far in the area to watch the dirt fly woohoo its going to be a good one.
Take her with, let her go shopping or whatever while you take in the race.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

She said no and Im glad we didn't we had some major issues this weekend at the house and it took me all weekend and half of the day today to get them done. Did I mention I hate plumbing and that it sucks royally

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Friday night saw Brandon Sheppard take the win for his 5th straight win. Chase Junghans took the lead on the initial start and led til a caution flew midway through and bunched the field up and thats when Brandon Sheppard struck and never looked back. Saturday night saw a different winner in Jimmy Owens claiming the victory and ending Sheppards streak. Owens led flag to flag but had to fight off Sheppard for most of the night. This is Owens first national touring win in almost 10 months of action.

Cherokee Speedway saw most of the big names make the 4 hour drive down from TN to try and lay claim to the #GigiStrong March Madness race that was postponed from March 4th. It was a packed grandstands and pit area Sunday as the Southern All Stars late model series came strolling into the place your momma warned you about and put on an exceptional show. Jonathon Davenport took the 12K home in a dominating performance.