WHERE IS DECAV???

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

WHERE IS DECAV???

Post by Newcatntown »

WAKE UP VAMP...SLICKS CALL HIM THAT!!! :shock:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: WHERE IS DECAV???

Post by DeCav »

I been busy you goof!

I love you man. Thanks for checking in on my Godson and thanks for checking in on me. One of the best things that ever happened in my life was having a friend like Chuck. Another best thing in life was finding a wife like Lisa and having a son like Ash.

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

DeCav wrote:I been busy you goof!

I love you man. Thanks for checking in on my Godson and thanks for checking in on me. One of the best things that ever happened in my life was having a friend like Chuck. Another best thing in life was finding a wife like Lisa and having a son like Ash.

Hello geezer

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Another best thing in my life is the friends I've made through high school football...

And you guys are always so close even if you seem far away.

Matt, you calling me out?

One thing I didn't get to mention on the phone tonight was that my little brother died a week and a half ago Saturday night at 7 pm.

Bo lived fast and hard. He lived by almost no rules except constant consumption of alcohol, get money to get alcohol or food and beg for lodging. He lived many years of his life homeless and others years in missions. He spent the best part of his years with me and my mother when he was young but she passed in 96. When she was gone it was the loss of his last dupe. She supported him and cleaned up after him for every legal and financial mess he ever caused until she died. After she was gone, all that was left were people who still loved him but had their limits.

As near as I can tell he died of old age at the age of 45. The doctor said his intestinal blood clots had shut off circulation to his guts and he was unable to digest food anymore. The inside of his body was suffering necrosis.

My little brother Bo had a son Zack when Bo was 17. It wasn't planned. There wasn't a wedding. There were no child support payments volunteered. Bo lost the priviledge to ever have a driver's license before he was old enough to take a driving test.

This left me basically as the caretaker and eventually friend and father to my nephew Zack. Zack taught me a lot of things. He taught me how to be a parent. He taught me probably more importantly that I really wanted to be a father and that I would be a good father if I leaned into it.

Some people reading this have figured this out. Some might have a revelation. Some will never realize...

Having the opportunity to be an uncle or aunt before a parent is a gift. If you don't love that child and long to spend time with them and make them smile and laugh then you still have your emotional and spiritual work before you as a parent. Embracing your neices and nephews as a pure project of love and care of those closest related to you is the best test you can offer yourself. It's your finest chance to practice parenting and find out if it's for you.

My son Ash and I have had some magical moments but so have me and my nephew. One of the most numinous, spiritual, and moving experiences of my life was drifting for 3 hours down the Tuskaseegee River in a canoe with my nephew when he was 4 years old. Just a magical 3 hours of my life I'll never forget. It has been said that happiness in life is measured in height and not width. My own glimpses of what Heaven is are those transcendental moments in life where happiness overwhelms you. Experience overwhelms you. An unbelievable game! The best laugh you've had in years. Driving the Tail of the Dragon with your 16 year old boy in his first car. It's those times you tell yourself this won't last and I'll never forget it.

I guess what caught me off guard about the death of my little brother was the love and sorrow that outpoured. Not just from my friends who assumed me and Bo must have been close because we were brothers but from his genuine friends. The people who grew up with him and partied with him. The people who loved him when he was at his best, his funniest. These people were close to my brother but far enough away to still love and adore him. They didn't have to pick up the bar tab.

I'm saying I'm jealous of these people. I'm jealous of the kind of sorrow they have. I'm jealous of the memories they have that I probably could not have had because me and Bo lived in different worlds at that time in his life. I think my nephew not only lost his father but also lost the person his father might have been. Maybe the same is true for me? My brother and I really were best friends when we were little. But we grew apart.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

See you in Columbia? I'm going to try to make Newcat's meet & greet.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah man. I think I really need that.

I'm not the brightest. More details?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:Yeah man. I think I really need that.

I'm not the brightest. More details?
Here's a link -- :arrow: http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3954

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Bo and I

Bo at 16 and Zack probably 6.

Zack Climbing Cell towers

My nephew kissing my brother goodbye.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Sorry for your loss DeCav...we will talk later.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

VAMP, YOU ARE A CATS MEOW AFTER ALL.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING